Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

Was this the first of the let's-not-talk-about-this-oncamera-while-talking-about-this-oncamera saga for BH? I know they had a lot of rockiness and ugliness beforehand with Taylor and Russell but I always thought this whole thing was one of the moments/stories that really put the show on the wrong path. 

• Replies 38.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

There is something about the drip-drip-drip of info regarding LVP and what looks like her final season on RHOBH which seems very premeditated on Bravo's part. I don't believe Bravo has lost control of the franchise; instead this is clever viral marketing for a season which should be subtitled 'The Queen is Dead, Long Live the Queen!' I don't know how I feel about an entire season focused on bringing down one woman. 

This latest leak by housewives addicted (a Twitter account with some good sources) has actual footage from the final party that LVP did not attend. And yet the other HWs are talking and arguing about... LVP. As if they were confronting her face to face! lol

Seeing the camerapeople and EPs directing the filming takes so much of the reality out of the show, doesn't it? Teddi, Erika and Rinna look like they are acting out a play.

I believe the first let's-not-talk-about-it-oncamera saga for BH was S1 and Kim's addiction issues, until Kyle revealed them in the finale. But they had been the great unspoken all season. In S2, it was Taylor & Russell's abuse which was only inferred until Camille let it out ("We don't say that he hits you!... But now we've said it!").

It's been an issue of contention with me that BH's most interesting dramas are behind the scenes -- but in those two instances at least, the truth was revealed, as ugly as it was. Same in S3 with Adrienne. For me, these revelations are what made the show. What has ruined BH in recent seasons is the women all trying to take each other down but in very hidden, subversive ways, using other cast members to fight their proxy wars, and using petty sh!t to disguise the real issues they have with each other. We never ever get to an actual revelation of the truth -- just people talking in circles.

Edited by Cat

• Members

I don't know how they'll edit the show. To me, they should be editing it like OC did when Jeana Keough left midway through season 5. Give LVP a proper finale with some poignancy, just like Jeana got. 

It is clear that LVP hasn't filmed for at least two months, so how they could put it together as if she's still there doesn't make sense at all.

• Members

From that video, it looks like Teddi is just re-enacting a moment she had with someone else, could be anyone really... but it’s pretty clear it’s not Teddi vs Erika like that caption indicates. 

Y’alll catch Rinna’s hair??? 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Jeana. Dina Manzo. Even that Wig creature got a send off. And then the shows carried on. Your point is exactly my point. LVP has refused to film with the others since September. And yet this entire season looks like it is going to be edited to focus on one thing: LVP -- the Blofeld of RHOBH. I have to wonder what LVP did exactly to warrant this reaction? Give a quote to TMZ about Dorit's poor dog-rearing? The blowback seems out of all proportion. Do I think LVP manipulates and stirs the pot BTS? Of course I do. I'd have to be blind not to. But I also think it is very convenient for the others to blame the audience's negative reaction to them on her. It is not an LVP Jedi mind trick, lol.

Edited by Cat

• Members

I saw that footage on Twitter a few days ago and rolled my eyes. The scene looks like it is something being made out of nothing. It is either the women crying to create something out of nothing with LVP, or they're "fighting" each other to salvage what they can seeing as this season goes to sh*t the second LVP's scenes are up. 

All I know is that it is obvious production is scrambling for something and coming out with nothing. 

Scrap BH and move on greener pastures. Santa Barbara, perhaps? This show has played out and it hasn't even aired yet. 

• Members

Kandi is so damn messy. She is talking to Todd and Don Juan about her businesses and family birthdays and goes "Speaking of Carmon, the other day I was talking to her about Porsha's new man...." WTF?!? That didnt even come across natural and why would she bring it up? She's talking to everyone about Porsha. Bitch, STFU

• Members

OC Reunion Part 2 was subdued. Tamra seems done with Shannon. Not in an angry, door-slamming way, but in a 'I don't care about you anymore and I'm checking out' way. She begged to get back into Shannon's good graces back in S10, and now she has just fallen out of love with her. Her issues with Shannon have been coming down the pipe all season, but I expected more of a dramatic blow-up. Tamra just seemed disengaged.

Unless of course this is a way for Tamra and Shannon stay on the show in S14 -- with a falling out.

• Members

Tamra doesn't need Shannon now that she's back close with Vicki, even though the best moments this season were with the Tres Amigas.

That was the first thing I saw this morning and all I could think was, why isn't RHONY back and why is Harry the only penis in NYC.