Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

I still say they should have kept Marissa. She was like Brandi with money and a little bit more class if that makes sense. Had she been bumped up to an official housewife, I could see her causing trouble this season and being buzzed about. She was messy enough to be interesting in her limited capacity as a friend last season

Edited by Cheap21

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

When they try to bully production. Some can get away with it more than others, but the women of NYC from what I have heard/read/understand thought they ran the show instead of just starring on it.

Kenya is QUEEN! I bow to her.

I love my girl gretchen and always will. Im not sure if I even care to check out OC without her, even though im obsessed with Heather, because i truly think Vicki is a disgusting piece of [!@#$%^&*] and while I liked Tamra, Im not sure she will work for me without Gretchen and what else she has to offer. Then again I love Heather, and Brianna. Plus Alexis and Horse are gone, and i loathed them. I guess it will depend on the trailer.

• Members

There are too many generic talk shows with no focus or purpose. Bethenny should've focused in on her brand and made her show a bigger combination of entertainment, but with a heavy focus on food and cooking. The Chew is doing well and it would've differentiated her from the pack. If she ever does another TV show it needs to be a 30 minute food show on one of the travel channels. People need to stop jumping just to talk shows if they want to do something else. Try scripted, a travel show, a cooking show, etc. There are so many different niches people can be successful in.

• Members

Not surprised at all. And as Chris B stated, Bethenny should've worked to her strengths to build an audience. People knew her for cooking and being an entrepreneur. She should've did a show somewhat similar to her mentor, Martha. Cooking shows are somewhat in at the moment. Bethenny should've rode the wave too.

I think what honestly was a factor in killing her show was that she publicly bashed HWs, a franchise that provided her a platform, spat on it repeatedly, but came crawling home when no A list stars came on her show. Never sh*t on the person (and audience) that provided you an opportunity ... Nene take note.

• Members

Hi guys, did ya miss me? (I'm pretending to be Carolyn Hinsey here, heehee)

Bethenny and NeNe both need to remember that people fell in love with them when they were the Have Nots. Now that they're The Haves, they've kind of lost their identity and appeal of what viewers initially appreciated about them. But that's not even what's tarnishing their reputations. The fact that they've both acted "above it all" is what is killing them. According to Kathy Griffin, Bethenny was complaining about being in a room full of D-listers when she was at the Daytime Emmys last year. She needs to realize that she, too, is D-list. Yeah, she has more money than the average soap star, but her popularity is still D-list level. A Bravolebrity is not the same level as Meryl Streep.

Bethenny's talk show is basically a Bravo show. Had she continued embracing her Housewives past, a half-hour Bravo talk show would've suited her just fine.

Now, on to NYC.....

This season looks SO. GOOD. Drama, drama, drama! Great alliances and even greater enemies.

I, too, wish they had updated their opening with new glamour shots and a group shot. Right now, there's about 3 different hues being shown. Carole and Heather looked washed out; Sonja, Ramona, and Aviva have the correct warm glow to them, and new girl Kristen has a hue that's kind of in between. All together, very cut-and-paste.

I like their fun taglines! The only one that makes me roll my eyes is Sonja. Nobody wants to see her bare flapjack booty.

And c'mon, admit it: Y'all miss LuAnn and her usual holier-than-thou tagline. :)

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Members

RHOA:

Two things I'll say:

Nene's comments about Brandon were disgusting. She just kept going and going, and it became worse as she went.

SMH at all of them putting the blame squarely on Kenya. (Yep, still think bitch should have stayed sitting. Still think Chris was DEAD WRONG for grabbing her like that--he could have just put his body between Kenya and his wife if he was so worried). But NO blame put on Apollo? He gets away with it?

• Members

I don't think Brandi said it to put her down for being in bad financial situation or for living in a less fortunate zip code, though. I think she said it to put her down for what she sees as her need to always project the perfect image incapable of failure or flaw. She was basically bashing her for not being an annoying whiner (like Brandi herself) about pitfalls in her life.

I think the truth about the origins of this information is somewhere in the middle: Kyle probably said some stuff. Brandi probably spun what she heard in her typical careless way.