Y&R: Week of March 8 Discussion

• Members

I liked some of the music (the music in the Tucker phone scene was classic Y&R) but the music in the closing scenes with Adam and then Phyllis and the letter was a bit too loud and obtrusive.

I can't agree about Morrow. That clip from tomorrow's episode was especially bad. It reminded me of the scene in Parenthood where Steve Martin's son couldn't find his retainer and had a freakout.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can get behind that. That's exactly how Bill Bell worked, he talked about it at length more than once.... he made every episode as perfect as he could make it. But it doesn't make it fall flat. It only falls flat if there isn't ENOUGH buildup. You can have crappy buildup and still enjoy the payoff, but if there is no time for you to develop feelings, then it doesn't work. that's why payoffs for brand new characters don't work.

• Administrator

I thought the music was good today. I especially liked the old school bg music for that scene with Phyllis. Oh I liked the opening shot of today's episode too - well done Mike Denney.

Today and Tuesday's episodes were awesome. The Victor slap was pretty funny.

It was so stupid to take a break for this Adam storyline on Wednesday. MAB is so bad at structuring a story.

This should've happened during February sweeps, not in March when you know there's basketball pre-emptions.

Agreed.

Looking forward to tomorrow's show. I hope it's an all Abbott/Newman/Chancellor episode again.

• Members

I guess the "haters" won't be "eating crow" (:rolleyes:) as Dr. Taylor's letter said Ashley went into a hysterical pregnancy AFTER Adam caused her miscarriage.

Speaking of that, I hope Michael blows the lid on his hag, the Giggly Heffa. That b!tch just destroyed evidence, no matter how contrived and stupid that "last minute letter" was. I hope it doesn't lead to Adam walking away free at the end. But knowing this horrible writing team and how they present the stupidest justice system ever, it will.

• Members

Just saw Friday's US episode, and I still cannot help but feel very underwhelmed by this whole Adam reveal.

I guess some of you will be happy to know Friday's episode only focuses on the Adam story. Oh, and Gigly Heffa didn't burn the letter.

I seriously do not see how the Adam character can survive on this show after this. So much potential was wasted in order to make this character a villain. I don't mind dark characters, but when you're unapologetic and live in denial about switching a baby and gaslighting a pregnant woman in her miscarriage, how the hell can you be redeemed?

And anyone mind telling me why the hell Billy had to be there and why he's in on this whole scheme? I know he's Ashley's brother, but if anyone was out of place in that cabin, it was him. He has no history with Adam and the two have barely shared any scenes together. This horrible writing team cannot resist pimping Billy Miller, they just have to do it. :rolleyes:

But back to Adam, virtually the whole town has motive to hate this character forever. Are they setting up a lame "Who Killed Adam Mystery?" God help us all if this crap writing team goes in that direction.

I seriously don't know where the Adam character goes from here, and with the awful writing we've been getting from this regime, I have no faith that it will be anything good or interesting.

And I'm so NOT INTERESTED in this Nick/Sharon/Phyllis piece of sh!t of a triangle starting up again, since that's what it looks like is about to happen AGAIN. These characters suck and need resting. The misogynistic writing for Sharon and Phyllis needs to stop. Why these women see Nick is their be all and end all is beyond me and just disgusting to watch.

I think Ashley is heading for another mental breakdown soon.... :rolleyes:

• Members

This "Adam at the cabin" climax feels really anti-climactic. It came out of nowhere with no build-up. This story wasn't paced properly and therefore there's no pay off. Now everyone basically knows the truth, but there's no proof. Which means...there's no real pay off because there's no "bang/gotcha" moment.

Seems to me the writers wanted to axe this story ASAP and just threw this together.

They are definitely angling for a "Who shot/killed Adam" story. I'm not sure if they'd actually kill off Victor Newman's son, but I do think there will be a murder attempt and a mystery that follows.

Ashley is so going to go crazy and flee the country with Faith.

Archived