Y&R: Week of March 8 Discussion

• Members

I haven't watched Y&R in 2 months.

I broke down and watched the confrontation with Adam in the cabin.

I think because I haven't seen the show in so long, it seemed climatic because I haven't seen all the sh*t that didn't build up to it.

Eileen Davidson did very well, she was basically Kristen Blake when she confessed to John Black that she'd lost the baby and faked her pregnancy.

I'll also add that I found the line Jill zinged Katherine with "We're just two selfish bitches" seemed like a bit of a backhander to both actresses. Maybe I'm too focused on the possible conspiracy theories at Y&R...but it seemed like a line Hogan would have written after Jess and Jeanne complained about the crappy writing.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Maybe it's me but I find it kind of difficult to believe that Jill would actually call herself a selfish bitch--Katherine, yes, but not herself. Doesn't she always think the sun shines out of her a ss? Such moments of clarity always confuse me if they're not earned and built-up to.

• Members

With Dickson's Jill... I'd say you'd be right. But with Jess, I think the scene made sense. It's a matter of Jill getting "real" to get Kay to drop her pretense. Daytime fan... the last two days HAVE been good, and very dramatic... they were done extremely well. I think I've come to the crux of the problem with alot of viewers, espcially Alvin and Bellcurve. If a story isn't paced properly, with the proper emotional beats played... then the reveal falls flat for them, no matter how well executed. But I feel differently, because I'm old enough and have have watched for long enough to draw my emotional satisfaction from the deep part of the well. For instance, with Colleen's death, the pacing leading up to it was HORRIBLE... but I felt it really hard and CRIED like a baby, not for Colleen, but for TRACI. I was there to watch that shy, fat, girl blossom, and then go through the heartbreak of 2 miscarriages, a suicide attempt, to finally get the child she always wanted, and then for that only child to die... etc. etc. etc. So I can draw MY empathy and emotional satisfaction from things that happened 25 years ago, while Alvin and those of the younger set cannot. And I think that is at the core of our different ways of looking at this show. that's why I still maintain that me and MarkH are not apologist fanbois, we just come to the table with a full set of silverware, while some of you only have a salad fork. I do realize, however... that a viewer shouldn't HAVE TO draw from 25 years ago to feel the emotional impact of a story. and that is a PROBLEM with this show, and a big one.

• Administrator

I thought this week (except for Wednesday) was one of Y&R's best in a very long time. With that said, I was disappointed that Adam didn't get his comeuppance. Being spoiler free, I surely thought that this was going to happen. It really does feel like the show is now setting up a "Who Shot/Killed Adam" storyline - which I think is a big mistake to kill off Victor Newman's son. I can just imagine how this week could've been so much better if all the beats played or if I was emotionally invested. I thought Michael Muhney was pretty good today and yesterday - I think that it was his best work so far. And Eileen totally rocked today.

• Members

Toups, I agree...Eileen is rocking my world, and has been for months now. She's been turning in some of the best work of her career IMO. This week has been the best in a long time. This is just speculation on my part... but I see Adam not being shot or killed, but running away and going "missing". and then the reason for Heather and Rafe leaving early would make sense.... they would think that Victor and company killed Adam and is trying to cover it up by saying he's missing. Once again, Heather would be pointing fingers in the wrong direction. That's my speculation on how it will go down. And it's a shame that Muhney has finally seemed to find his groove at the last minute like this. A damn shame.

• Members

Just watched Thursday's show!!

Rafe and Heather...OMG....how lame they were to leave after the crap Adam slashed out at them!!

Phyliss...you stupid BITCH!!! Really....Is Nick worth it?? Does he have such a BIG C*&K that you can't be without him so you destroy evidence/proof...the truth....UGH...This BLOWSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

• Members

To me this Adam getting caught storyline would have been better if it was just Sharon, Ashley, Heather, and Rafe doing the payback on Adam. Jack getting Adam to help him forge the diary was what started his downfall. Victor berating Adam is eyeroll worthy because this show told us that this is the man that hired a crazy woman to kill Jack. He has no right to talk. Since the show is adding people who don't need to be in this storyline couldn't Paul have been in on this too. Adam did blame his sister for what happened to Ashley.

• Members

I think they believe that the ideal is one story after another ending in Victor whoops a@@ and Victor is the man!!! That's what a lot of those scenes boiled down to. Victor in that tired leather jacket (geez, even Bo Brady and John Black gave those up eventually) with his usual hissing and eye-bulding and muttering. The whole purpose of this story long ago was to remind us that Adam was pathetic and Victor was a prize stud, and that's what it had to return to in the end.

Archived