AMC: Friday: February 26, 2010

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Forgive me once again for being an incurable nostalgia freak, but I sure do miss these days when characters on AMC would go to the Chateau, the Goalpost, or even McKay's whenever they wanted to dine out. Who the hell eats out at a nightclub? For breakfast?

• Members

I miss those first few milliseconds of a scene at the Valley Inn or the Chateau where you'd hear light jazz piano and the soft mumble of extras. It was like riding the escalator at Nordstrom. Now all of that bright white light and *OONCE'n-POW!-OONCE'n-POP!-OONCE'n-POW!-OONCE'n-POP!*

ETA: Which of these restaurants still exist even, I mean, was McKay's revamped as another restaurant?

• Members

Here's a possible scenario: after Greenlee takes Fusion back from Erica once and for all, Erica decides she needs new business ventures to pursue. Nick Davis shows up, b/c he's heard the Chateau's latest owner is looking to get rid of the place ("Business has been terrible there for years," he says) and he's interested in buying it. Erica, however, believes Nick is wasting his time (and money)...until she visits the place herself in order to convince him not to buy, and begins to get ideas. Later, Nick is livid to learn Erica has bought the Chateau herself! Nick leaves, and not exactly on good terms w/ Erica. She hires a new design team to restore the Chateau to its' former glory, sort of like what Disney did when they bought the old New Amsterdam Theatre in NYC; and for the grand re-opening, she calls upon Alicia Keys to give a special performance. (It's also the night when Jack pops the question to Erica, Angie discovers Frankie and Liza's affair, and Tad and Jesse unmask Natalia's killer.)

• Members

You're not being that nostalgic this time--a bunch of us have been saying this for months now (years?) At least they should bring back one of them (BJs even--which was last seen int he past year ot two wasn't it?--and the Valley Inn). Now we get CONFusion or the Yatch Club which seems to be outdoors even in Winter. Booo. And yeah I get that CONFusion has breakfast, etc, but it still seems odd to me that Pine Valley has such a thumping 24/7 club... (Where's Erica's Disco :cry:)

Don't kill Natalia. BOOOOOO!!

• Members

No, b/c Randi must be alive to find out about Frankie and Liza. Besides, she's been attacked by the killer already at this point. (My poor, beloved Alfred Vanderpoole has snapped, killing off prostitutes in and around the Pine Valley area after years of sexual frustration. Natalia was working undercover as a hooker to find the culprit when she was murdered; Randi decides to go undercover herself in order to help Jesse. Frankie and Randi fall out over her decision; Frankie ends up turning to Liza, then feels guilty after Randi ends up in a coma. See how that works?)

Archived