37th Annual Daytime Emmy Pre-Noms

AllMyDaysatGH

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just think Becky has been outstanding this year.

Laura Wright is a great actress, it's too bad GH doesn't know how to utilize it. When she first came on in 2005, she seemed like the perfect combo of Sarah Brown's Carly and Tamara Braun's...Now they have watered her down so much. If they wrote Carly back to the way she used to be, Laura Wright would be great.

• Members

Do you mean this year, as in 2009 or in 2010 lol? I agree that she has been FANTASTIC in 2010 so far, that's why i think she should be nominated in 2011, when her material this year is factored in.

I think GH needs to give Carly a story of her own, that doesn't involve her flailing over Jax, Sonny, or The Robot Borg. Give her a storyline completely isolated from those three guys, that allows her to show off her best acting abilities.

• Members

Oh right, I wasnt thinking. Her acting has een KILLER in 2010. So you're probably right about her being nominated next year, I was forgetting how this worked!

And I agree, Carly needs her OWN storyline, because sticking her in the middle of Jason/Sonny/Jacks, is just boring and doesnt showcase the tough as nails, bitchy, loveable carly thatwe had from like 1996-2005 (when Tamara Braun left)

• Members

I just cut and pasted my post from the Suds Report thread regarding the emmys and added some more opinion :)

OLTL's prenominee list reminds me of Y&R's last year? IT SUCKS.

If I was running a show, I would submit who I knew had the scenes/episode to WIN. The only actors on OLTL last year who have tapes to win are Florencia Lozano and maybe Bree- Florencia would have WON any category.)

What a waste. Crystal Hunt, emmy material? Jerry Ver Dorn? Hillary B Smith I LOVE, but did I miss something last year? Robert S Woods? I hope I am forgetting something.

OLTL will be lucky to have 3 or 4 nominations this year. And I predict that B&B will win again, now that Brad Bell has attended JFP Emmy Episode University.

---BELLCURVE, you nailed it regarding B&B. I find the show horrendous and laughable 90% of the time. The win last year (which was one of B&B's worst years ever) was a joke. I really don't care that the show had never won the emmy before. Quite honestly, the show has never deserved an emmy. Even during the Sheila Carter years, when I personally was spellbound by B&B.

JFP started the "Special Emmy Episode" stuff and other producers have now followed. And it is proven to work more often than not. So I guess I cannot fault Bill Bell's emmy decisions. But Betty White's submission is absolutely ridiculous. It reminds me of Uta Hagen's emmy nomination in the mid 80's for OLTL. She was an esteemed acting teacher.

Archived