Wisner Washam interview

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Agreed. And for all the flack Agnes gets for being too polite in her interviews--she came from a different generation--there's a reason networks, etc, all respect and appreciate her involvement and, despite the iron maiden ways of Irna Phillips, I don't think Agnes would have had her success without her manners. She's not Bill Bell and his notorious rudeness to his staff.

• Members

Yes, well, being phony polite at all times, even when asked for your honest feelings about a controversial blow dealt to a storyline you created with a specific intention in mind, can also work against you. It makes you look extremely fake and lose credibility with anything you say after that. The minute Agnes Nixon tried to "politely" put a positive spin on the Unabortion, I was done. I don't believe any Pollyanna crap that comes out of her mouth about anything anymore. She's an ABC, talking point-fed mouthpiece.

• Members

Great Interview. I can't wait till the third part! :wub:

Winser isn't afriad to speak his mind. I want to hear more dirt on Megan McTavish.

I believed the only reason why Megan had sucess in the 1990's was because of FMB. She had the vision that Megan lacked.

• Members

Technically, Agnes isn't in the business anymore either. Sure she has her "consultant" credit, but has that had much significance over the past 10 years?

It's not her style to speak out, but even if he she did, she would have more ground to stand on that anyone else, simply because she IS Agnes Nixon.

I am not a big Erika Slezak fan, but I loved it when she publicly slammed Dena Higley and her writing on OLTL. Would it have had any significance if it were some newbie speaking out? Hell no. Did Slezak have ground and public stature to back up her comments? Hell yes, and so does Agnes. But again, Agnes has her own personality, and I can respect her for it.

But as our dear R Sinclair pointed out, she probably shouldn't have commented publicly defending that un-abortion mess, but whatever...

• Members

Didn't Erika make those comments when Higley was on the way out? I know Erika still had something to lose, but since Higley was already going, and since Frons had already diminished Viki so much over the years, there was less reason for her not to speak up. Erika's often praised Paul Rauch's controversial tenure at the show, so I think it may be more about the writing for her than about the state of the show itself. Which is understandable - Rauch put Viki front and center for years. Higley seemed to hate Viki, or treat her with contempt.

I do have a certain respect for people who are willing to speak up in public, but I think that Agnes, if she has any influence with Frons or ABC, probably keeps that influence by being a team player. I'm not saying it's a lot of influence, but if the choice is between a lot and none at all, then I can see why she's more willing to not speak up. It may also just not be in her nature to publicly criticize anything connected with her shows.

• Members

I remember hearing about the possible Randi/Jesse affair and seeds were certainly being laid at one point in time. Randi and Jesse seemed to have alot of scenes together, Randi confiding in Jesse. I was unaware there was speculation Debbi and Darnell went to Agnes to get the story killed. If they did do that, thank goodness. I don't think we'll ever know the true influence Agnes has at AMC. I think she definitely has more than some say she does, and I am sure she has much less than some other fans feel. I am just glad she is at least in the picture somewhat. I can see where some people would get annoyed with her politeness and being politically correct all the time, but its her nature.... She is a respectable lady and isn't one to come out in public and put down someone. There are many others in the industry that can do that for her. I respect her for that.

Archived