Wisner Washam interview

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Kind of hazy about that, but I'm pretty sure her death was connected to the infamous Cobra storyline. Paul Martin, who I guess was DA at the time, was investigating the drug ring in Pine Valley led by Brooke's step-mother Peg aka Cobra. I remember that her cronie was a guy named Nelson Manning. I think Peg ordered Nelson to place the bomb in Paul's car in order to stop him from investigating. Ann got in the car instead, and kaboom. I guess the actress playing Ann, Gwynn Gillis, wasn't very popular with the fans. Bill Mooney, who played Paul, in a recent interview said some nice things about Gwynn.

• Members

Sylph, you're pure evil :) I also have always found it curious that she's never uttered a bad word about McTavish. When ABC dusted her off and trotted her out to essentially validate the Josh storyline, she called the unabortion idea "interesting," even though she was probably throwing darts at her McTavish dart board at home. In an interview during McT's run, Agnes referrred to her as "having the gift." That's probably just Agnes being her classy self and loyal to ABC, which I suppose I can understand given the political game she has to play, but a part of me wishes she'd been somewhat vocal about her true feelings about McT.

• Members

Someone has to be! :P

Exactly, that is definitely one of the reasons: she is an old-school lady with certain manners and a great knowledge of diplomacy. I wonder if one of the reasons might be Agnes being cautious about Megan's ire and a distinct possibility of that wrath manifesting in even more distruction of AMC.

For those who missed it, here is a brief article from People about Wisner and Judith:<br><br><i>How Judith Barcroft &amp; Wisner Washam Earn Six Figures for Love in

the Afternoon</i>

• Members

We Love Soaps: After some time away, you returned to ALL MY CHILDREN then left again for good. What led you to leaving?

Wisner Washam: Megan McTavish.

We Love Soaps: Interesting you say that. Among fans online, she is very unpopular writer in ALL MY CHILDREN history.

Wisner Washam: She wasn't a pleasant person to be with every day, I'll tell you that. She drove me away.

We Love Soaps: What was her role at that point on the staff?

Wisner Washam: She was one of the outline writers. But she has a big mouth. And a very domineering personality.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

• Members

I remember when I went to that panel here in NYC with Claire Labine, David Kreizman, Shelly Altman, Judy Tate, etc., and there was a massive groan amongst them when Megan McTavish's name came up. It really drove home that the woman is well-despised in the industry.

I love hearing this behind-the-scenes drama. Reminds me of Bill Bell saying "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything" when asked about John Conboy in one of his last interviews.

• Members

170.jpg

If it looks like a bitch, described as a bitch, then it probably is one! I was LMBO when I read Wisner say that. I always knew. Who didn't know?! So funny reading someone actually say that....wow I hope he talks about her some more! This is a great interview!

I also like his comments on Jessie and Angie, and how popular they were.

• Members

Finally. Someone's finally said what we've all known forever-just how detestable Megan McTavish really is. Excellent interview. I wish more writers would be honest about what really goes on behind the scenes in these shows.

Exactly. He probably ran from the writers' room screaming. Smart fellow. McTavish is toxic.

Archived