All Alone-characters without families

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

We saw Gloria's mother briefly, she was a fervent evangelist.

I think Katherine was supposed to be Dominique's half-sister, via an affair with a servant or something, wasn't she? I know the Katherine haters used to hoot at her backstory.

• Members

Ryan's Hope:

Jack Finelli should get at least an honorary mention. Aside from the daughter he had with Mary, he had absolutely no family on the show for nearly its entire lifespan, until they suddenly revealed that Sister Mary Joel was his biological mother

Seneca Beaulac - his mother Marquerite briefly visited him several times in 1976 but otherwise he was usually attached to the Harrises/Woodards or Jill

I think she came to town briefly when Gloria was with Adam or Stuart. She gave Gloria hell.

• Members

I wish I could see more of that, I mostly only saw the last few years of Gloria. She was one of my favorite characters. I hate "redemption through rape" stories but aside from Kit Fisher, most of the characters in those stories were strong enough to be able to survive them.

Joyce Van Patten has that deep voice, I imagine her shouting out Biblical passages. I assume there was no talk of dirty pillows.

• Members

Definetely agreed. Even though she was rail thin even by soap standards--I loved Gloria too. It's a shame that after the Alec storyline (which ironically was in many ways a retread of the Stuart/Adam story) she never really had a major storyline again--even with her romances with Dimi and Tad and as a cheerleader for Michael's gay crusade.

Archived