All Alone-characters without families

• Members

One of the biggest examples would be ATWT's Lisa, no? Besides of the family she built upon coming to Oakdale (husbands, sons, grandchildren, in-laws), the only other family member of hers to show up was her mother Alma, who I believe only appeared on a recurring basis throughout the 60s and 70s.

Now that I think about it, there's also Susan Stewart, whose only blood family to ever appear on the show ever have been her two daughters and two grandchildren.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lisa's father Henry was also on the show in the early 60's.

Susan's parents were Fred and Julia Burke and were seen in the 60's and 70's.Fran Carlon played Julia and went on to Days as Rosie,for whom Jennifer Rose Horton was named after.

ATWT-Shannon

Y&R-Julia Newman

Hope Adams

• Members

Mhm. I've only seen two pictures of her, one which was a cast pic and the other was just a random behind-the-scenes snapshot. Judging from the cast pic, she seemed like a great, crabby, crusty type who probably cracked the whip every time Lisa ran a scheme. It breaks my heart to know that there's probably no footage of her left at all.

Thinking of her made me think about GL's Bert, and lo and behold, Bert's only blood family besides her kids was her mother, Elsie, who was played by Ethel Remey, who also played Lisa's mother. And both ladies were Millers. Irna must have liked her.

Apparently, Bert also had a sister, named Alma.

Ah, I see. I had a feeling Susan's parents might have appeared. I always assumed Lisa's father had already died by the time she came to Oakdale.

Archived