Failed famailies

• Members

Actually wasn't Todd only created in 2003 by Smith and Alden? As far as early 80s Y&R families I think Bell gave Andy Richards a sister named Karen too, but didn't last very long in the wave of the massive '82 turnover.

I don't think so. I only remember him being on from time to time and I think he had a flirtation with someone but nothing happened. I seem recall one website I saw listed Peter being on from 1993-1995(recurring, not contract), but after doing a quick Google check I can't find immediate info on Peter so don't quote me on that. I wanna say he had a thing for Julie but I think I'm actually thinking of the very early and very, very long forgotten Caleb and Carly fling. In any case, neither Peter nor Lauren were ever mentioned again after 1995.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Poor Dallas and Lamar Griffin. How many years in Oakdale without one story.

I don't know if they should count but I would also include the Szabos on RH. Wild child/pot dealer/golddigger Reenie Szabo and her mobster father Nick (who is now Murphy on Y&R I believe). I guess they might have vanished because Julia Barr was sent to AMC, but it was very abrupt.

And the Williams family on Knots Landing. I still get annoyed at how they squandered Lynne Moody. The only thing that made it tolerable was daughter Julie giving Valene hell over Lynne/Pat's death.

• Members

Thanks DeeeDee! I only knew the President's son had married two other people, first Diane and then married the lady who's housekeeper killed her husband. Faren right? I only saw that on WOST and Youtube. I only learned about Karen through reading some old synopses and discovered a Karen Richards so I assumed it was his sister. Mainly because I had previously discovered Andy had a relationship with Jill before she dumped him for Stuart Brooks. I don't why, but Andy sounded to young to be involved with Jill to me personally.

• Members

Todd was mentioned way back when the Williams first came on.Karen was Andy's estranged or ex wife who eventually got involved with Lucas Prentiss.

On Days,Gwen was a lawyer who got involved with Don Craig,Alex Marshall and Larry Welch.

Woody was a singer who briefly got involved with Trish Clayton and Oliver was a 'hunk'who hooked up with Melissa.Neither Woody nor Oliver were on much before being dropped.

Days gave Pete Jannings a sister ,Tess and father, Barney.

• Members

James Lipton had more undeserved luck writing soaps than McTavish and Leah Laiman and Jean Passanante combined. He reportedly ruined EVERY show he was at, yet worked from the 60s thru to the 80s, and even got to create a (flop) show! Jesus. And people think this is a recent trend...

I've heard (sadly) that the plane accident thing was an exageration, but I love the story.

What about the CHan family on AMC under Rayfield (I think they were Chans--some very cliched Asian name...)

• Members

How could I forget about the Spencers on GL.

Olivia's sister - rarely seen, dead, helped bring Jonathan to the show

Sam - ridiculously underused, written off, not even mentioned in years

Ava - waste of time

Ava's baby - dead

Olivia was about it.

• Members

The O'Neils, they were discussed a bit.

I think the Chins lasted 4-5 months but I can't remember. I just remember Henry going on tour around the world, like he always wanted! Yay.

And then so many young AMC people ended up on Book of Daniel.

Archived