AMC: Tuesday: 2.16.2010

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Maybe I'm paranoid, but I suspect someone behind the scenes noticed how excited those of us online were about Lorraine returning and decided to move her name so we wouldn't be too hopeful that she would take over from Pratt.

What was up with Darnell puckering his lips at Vincent today? Was that supposed to be threatening? It made me laugh each time!

Rebecca once again rocked it. I'm still optimistic that Greenlee will eventually make Ryan cry, but Ryan annoyed the sh-t out of me with his cocky attitude today.

Adam/JR showed how good this story should have been all along. I'm looking forward to more of their scenes.

Annie was barely containing her Greenlee hate today and I can't wait to see how Colby manipulates this to her advantage.

I loved how Angie berated Jake for his lame jokes. As for why she's letting David blackmail her, I hope there's more of an explanation later this week, but I think she is feeling guilty for using the information he gave her and the previous time she sunk to his level and blackmailed him.

• Members

The first thing I suspected is that Pratt lawyered-up after seeing Broderick credited as head writer right alongside him. I believe the only reason his name is still there at all is that there are still story throughlines playing out that originated as his ideas. Their executions could be completely different, but they still started with his pitches. This Angie blackmail story could have came out of Pratt, and it just started today (and as I understand it, it won't take long to wrap-up). My impression is that his exit from AMC was an acrimonious one.

Perhaps Broderick herself doesn't want credit for potentially bad ideas, ideas that may not be her own, in the pipeline (see recent spoilers)... or, as you intimated, Steve, maybe Frons doesn't like the viewers celebrating the leadership of someone who has (twice!) turned down an offer to be, permanently, AMC's head writer - or at least doesn't want people to get too comfortable with it.

We'll probably never know what's up with the credits. I'm just glad Broderick's there in a leadership position of some kind. As she has demonstrated in her past work, she's able to make even the not-so-great stories into compelling viewing.

• Members

You know, I would be able to tolerate him so much better if he would just stop EXHALING HIS DIALOG. By that, I mean his choice not to utilize his vocal chords as a way to suggest "drama" in his lines. (Breathes, "But Greenlee, I LOVE YOU" over and over) ... It happened so often in today's and yesterday's episodes, I wanted to shove cork in my ears. Cameron, that is not acting. I give you credit for scaling-back the eye-bulging and arm-flailing, but.. please ... just try being normal.

That and his choice to SMILE at the closing shot of today's episode. Not sure if that was an acting choice or a directorial note. I'm sure it was their not-so-subtle way of showing, "oh, Ryan really GETS petulant little Greenlee... He knows she's just being silly, and that she'll be back in his arms after a lollipop and an ice-cream cone!" But it just made Ryan look even more like an arrogant jerk.

• Members

RB impressed me again today as Greenlee. I loved when when she finally called Ryape out on his crap and didn't hold back. I absolutely hated that ending, though. Ryan's disgusting smirk just pissed me off!

Loved the Annie\Greenlee flashbacks. Annie going secretly crazy was something I was expecting. I was LOL at the end when Scott asked her if she wanted anything to drink, coffee? Tea? And she was like, "I'll have some Greenlee, thanks" LOL! Colby calling Oakhaven at the end was good, to..I like this rivalry. I personally, would like to see Annie go crazy again?? :blush:

Debbie and Vincent were sensational today to, David is back to his old tricks blackmailing Angie. I was feeling so bad for her! I'm glad she is resigning, Angie is to nice to take on the dark responsibilities of being Chief of Staff! And Jake annoyed the hell out of me today, to. I mean, he was a bit more tolerable, but...ugh, I would have rather seen Angie interacting with Frankie in those scenes instead. Jake's annoying antics, trying to be funny all the time, a waste of HD film to me. I don't like RPG as Jake!

Adam\JR, great to. Adam's scene with LA City Councilman Eric Garcetti was so random and went by so fast, LoL.

• Members

It was probably both. I could see how the note would be for him to let out that disgusting smirk knowing little "that's my Greenlee" smile at the end of the scene. Then, when they taped the scene, I could see how he could've took that note and chose to run with it throughout the entire scene... Because that arrogant prick was smirking all through that scene. That, to me, wouldn't have been a note because it undermines any dramatic intent the scene is supposed to have. That's more of a note I'd expect a director to give, say, the David Hayward character. While all the others villagers are threatening David with torches, David stands there throughout the entire scene with a smug smirk on his face because he doesn't take them seriously. The last thing you want to do is have Ryan appear not to take Greenlee seriously through an entire scene, because then he just looks like the ass that he is. Not this man who is desperately in love with this woman.

• Members

I'm sorry. JR with his pale head, and Colby with her ridiculously HUGE TEETH can suck grease balls. Two grown ass people who move in and out of the mansion at will, disrespecting their father while living off his money, whining about their father picking his wife over them -- as if they're a couple of 12 and 13 year olds -- are just as wimpy and annoying. They hate it when Adam "controls" their lives, yet the both of them are doing the exact same thing. They complain about not getting daddy's attention -- and when they do get it, they cry and whine about "control." I don't get this story at all. NEXT!

• Members

I'm not phased by Colby and JR. They are the typical soap spoilt ungrateful rich kids. They are no different from the Newman spawn on Y&R.

I know this is blasphemous, but after watching David and Angie's scenes, I have decided that I would love for them to have a secret forbidden affair. It would be fun to watch Jesse and Tad's heads explode. Angie could reluctantly reunite with Jesse, while she and David continue to long for each other. It would put Angie on the front burner where she belongs.

Archived