Y&R: Episodes discussion, week of February7

• Members

So, did any of you read Maria and Paul's Michael Fairman interview where NONE of the tough questions were asked.

Maria is still touting her horn and acting as if nothing is wrong with this show. This woman is beyond arrogant. No wonder this show is in the crapper creatively.

And apparently, Yvonne Zima just blew them away, but Jess fuckin' Walton needed some acting tips. :rolleyes:

We're discussing the interview in the Potpourri thread, if anyone wants to join in that hasn't...

She also admitted that she and her writing team look at the message board. Told ya! :lol:

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think Haiduk is a decent actress, but Meryl Streep couldn't save the uselessness and awful writing for the character of Emily.

They should have sent Patty off to a far away mental institution and that should have been the end of Haiduk on this show. I am not interested in seeing Patty self destruct in her padded cell, or watching Emily be a smug bitch to people she hasn't known for 5 minutes, or talk about her two day romance that's turning into marriage with Jack.

• Members

oh no, Emily might never recover, am I supposed to care? A real soap writer would have established Emily and then brought on Patty. How did Patty manage to dye Emily's hair? This would have worked a little better if they established a real life situation where Patty was screwing the male guard and he was helping her. Escapes aren't that easy without help on the inside.

• Members

I feel sad that Traci came back for this, she will have to look at her daughter's killer on her brother's "happy" day. I guess at least she seems happy and it's nice to see Beth again, briefly.

Patty managed to dye Emily's hair to look just like hers? They really do think we're idiots.

• Members

I'm always happy to see Traci. If TPTB can't afford Traci, Brock, Liv and Nina, I wish they would try rotating the characters in and out for 3 month mini arcs, if any of them would be willing. It would be better than nothing and better than these short appearances.

Brock could have easily been written into this Tucker story for the next 3 month's or so until Tucker admits he's here because he wants Katherine's

attention and (ultimately)love.

• Members

I like seeing Traci but I'm always afraid they will kill her off. I'm also afraid of how much she will be used for Victor propping. They used her quite heavily for that the last time around, having her say Jack was as to blame for what was going on, and the scenes at the christening, at the hospital, etc. It didn't bother me as much because frankly I was just happy someone in the story was giving a good acting performance, but I don't want to see that again.

• Members

Hmm at least Traci made today's episode somewhat interesting, and Haiduk and Davidson again made the utter crap somewhat watchable. One final thing that made me a little happy was Victor being completely taken off guard by Ashley's decision. Let Victor's plans fall apart as the Abbotts leave Jabot in the past and let Victor fall into the trap laid by Tucker.

• Members

I finally finished Thursday's episode. I cut it off earlier when I saw Billy walk into the Abbott celebration, because my teeth tend to get on edge in those scenes. And sure enough, he took a point I could have agreed with (why did they give Victor Colleen's heart) and delivered it in such a contemptuous manner towards Traci. He never made eye contact with her or anyone else that I could tell, perhaps because he was too busy making the drunk/duh faces and guzzling champagne.

I wish they could just cut the cord and not put him in any scenes with his family. I don't believe he cares about any of them. It also makes him look two-faced, because for all his anger then and now over Colleen, he sure didn't mind trying to hit Traci up for money.

Unfortunately this led into Traci's latest, "This awful vendetta. Let's live!!" speech, but since it was said so fast and out of anger, I wasn't as bothered. I just wish it could lead to the Abbotts truly giving up on Jabot for good. Just burn it to the ground.

Archived