Y&R: Episodes discussion, week of February7

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think they are going for the irony of Phyllis being the one to do it. Personally, I'm loving ever second of it, even though I love Phyllis. Her smug little comment today about how Sharon's honeymoon wouldn't last long was delicious. This minor beat is one part of the story I completely approve of. After all, Phyllis tried to push Brad on Sharon to keep her busy and away from Nick. Now Sharon is busy, happy and away from Nick, but Phyllis can't leave well enough alone. In her rush to destroy Sharon's happiness and stick it to Adam, Phyllis is bringing her own house down right on top of her. She can't even see the danger because she's so obsessed.

I continue to think Adam and Sharon look like a cute couple in love. At some point Sharon Case decided to sell this part of the story and I give her tons of credit for that. The contrast with the absolute sick and narcissistic behavior Adam is exhibiting and his professed love is working for me. He's in his happy little bubble talking about how in love he is for the first time in his life, with absolutely no concept at all of Sharon as a person who exists and also has feelings.

SH is really rocking her duel role right now. I hate the story, it's relatively predictable , but Stacy is doing such a good job. I love the way she keeps falling into Patty's mannerisms and speech patterns. I give her tons of credit for making this story work, same with DD who is playing his sister's champion for all it's worth.

Traci and Ashley both looked lovely today. Normally soap weddings bore me, but this one had enough humor and chaos to be half way promising.

• Members

I think Phyllis would see the danger. Her #1 obsession is always Nick, she would want Sharon to be kept away. This story is so heavy-handed, they think it's very clever, but I just can't believe Phyllis would ever go this far to basically reunite Sharon and Nick.

I am also disgusted that Nick is the one who will win out of all this. Sharon and Nick are a sickening couple who destroy themselves and he has treated her like garbage for the last year.

I agree that Traci and Ashley looked nice.

• Members

I think she's nearly as obsessed with Sharon as she is with Nick and she has no way of knowing what Adam is hiding. I think she's just hoping that she can blow Sharon's world apart and come out clean with her own marriage intact. After all, Sharon was staying away from Nick even before her most recent marriage. I welcome this development if it brings even a sliver of real Phyllis back.

On this, we agree. I hate that Nick is going to come out the winner whatever goes down. Sharon and Nick are a boring couple and little other than a very pale imitation of Victor and Nikki, but it's been pretty clear for some time that MAB intends to reunite them.

Vikki and JT's divorce seems so quick and sort of random. Why even get married if you are going to quit that easily (unless you are a character on B&B, of course)?

• Members

What bothers me is I think they will just have Phyllis in more revenge plots against Sharon or Nick. I don't care about any more of her being involved with them. I'm afraid the show does not see Sharon or Phyllis as anything without Nick.

The sad thing is Sharon and Nick were a very good couple a long time ago. Even though I did not want them to reunite, I was not so virulently opposed until last year. The way he treated her and the way her mental illness was used as an excuse to have her screw around was just awful, it was all one of the most offensive and most empty stories I've ever seen on this show. Mental illness, adultery, even dead children are nothing but fodder to these two. They have no shame. Nick in particular I cannot bear anymore. And what will happen if they do get together? More of the same.

Everything is either too fast or too slow on this show. I guess Victoria and JT have to be split up so we can get her great romance with Billy while her family bludgeons JT. Can't wait to see a lousy father like Victor tell us all about parenting.

I sound so bitter. I guess it's because the people I know in real life who watch Y&R just don't care. They watch and that's it, it's difficult to get them to have an opinion. At least here I feel like people see what I do, or if they don't, they say why they don't.

• Members

Agreed. I'm beginning to wonder what the point of watching the show is anymore. People use to complain about the Blade/Rick switch but at least Bell played every beat and it only got stretched out further because of external factors. This Emily/Patty switch is so damn phony. Both Jessica and then Caroline on B&B had dignified graceful exits as their characters tragically succumbed to illnesses yet Lily lingers. Colleen's death was pointless; deaths like P3 was not. Let's not even talk about villains. And remember when Victor could be humanized ie Hope, Nikki on her deathbed, meeting his father, and felt remorse and guilt?

• Members

I tuned in the past couple of days.... I know this is a ridiculous question, but how on earth did Patty manage to drug Emily (in the sanitarium), dye her hair blonde and get out without anyone noticing?

Stacey Haiduk is amazing, but the poor girl.... what crappy writing to have to play day in day out. She's probably used to it though.... she got even worse writing at AMC LOL.

• Members

Well... I watched today (Not yesterday) and today wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. Lane was barf-worthy of course, but that's to be expected. Doug gave wonderful performances today, as well as Haiduk. Beth looked WONDERFUL, as well as Eileen.. and I even liked the dress that Hendrickson had on. Someone finally picked out some decent clothing. My only problem was with the last scene. that "zoom" shot with the fish-eye lens was supposed to be "scary", but it looked CHEESY. Right before Patty stepped into the sancutary, they needed to have Patty have a flashback to the first wedding with Jack (There are scenes where only Lilibet Stern and Brett Hadley was shown, and not Terry Lester) and then have the classic dramatic music cue, with a scream overdub, and just show a normal shot of Haiduk. Use the MUSIC CUES to create the drama, not a cheesy camera lens. I guess Daytime fan really doesn't like Muhney! :lol: Well... I wouldn't go so far as to say he's ugly.. he DOES look much improved after gaining some weight, but if there is ANYONE on this planet that is in more DESPERATE need of bangs, I'd like you to show them to me. And I'm gonna bring this up, it may sound odd... but his nipples looked a bit "strange", too light? no body makeup on them? the stupid lighting? I can't put my finger on it. But in those bedroom scenes with Sharon and Adam, could they have HAD the key lights any brighter? For the love of God, this is a soap opera, not an episode of the Electric company.

• Members

Did somebody just said that JT is free. I'm sorry my mouth just watered to bad. Mac had to carry Lame babies. If the babies doesn't make it. Maybe JT will be there for her. & we all know that JT swimmers will get people pregnant real quick after a miscarriage or whatever.

Archived