Y&R: Episodes discussion, week of February7

• Members

We'll never know because these writers keep changing direction. They had something with Chilly, but they decided to dump them for Billy/Mac. If they'd just pick a direction and go with it, I think they could have a successful couple. The days of true supercouples are over, imo, but I think Billy could most likely have a successful pairing in Chloe, Heather or Victoria, if these writers weren't so incompetent.

It's just shocking to me how things have fallen apart over the last 12 months or so. I remember just last March/April many people were so enthusiastic about this show. There were tons of posts and now only the die hard faithful remain.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It wouldn't work.

The minute TPTB DO stick with a pairing they ruin it with substandard writing & extreme propping plus Daytime doesn't do long term couples anymore it's build up & break up.

Had TPTB gone with Billy/Heather she would have immediately lost her independence cause Maria doesn't do feminism & though Miller shares chemistry with Heinle/Hendrickson both characters have been too damaged as individual characters to work in relationships.

Maria can't pace stories or write for a balanced canvas.

Look at how horrible she handled the Braeden/MTS exit.

Had she strengthened the half of the canvas she didn't write for the Braeden/MTS transition/Tucker introduction wouldn't have been so horribly rushed.

• Members

They never made an effort to establish any actual relationship for Billy and most of these women. It's always all about how funny and goofy Billy is and what a stud he is and can he change but don't you secretly love him because he won't change? There was a lot of talk about how Billy/Chloe didn't have a chance because of Mac, but they never had a relationship even before then. He avoided her, he called her a stalker, he reluctantly married her, he used her for sex and as a babysitter while he was busy with Sharon.

They have no idea how to write for Billy or for Chloe. I don't think Liz Hendrickson is good at romantic pairings, I think she is better at comedy and being a pot-stirrer. Miller just seems to be in his own world most of the time, and having interest in the character is pointless because as the non-aftermath of the NYE episode shows, he never changes.

• Members

How the hell is Patty gonna get out of there and to the church in time for "the switch"? Patty and Emily both have a different hair color.

And there's no way Emily could have her hair dyed blonde before Patty left the hotel nuthouse.

This show is just BAD!

Archived