Y&R: Episodes discussion, week of February7

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Seriously, WHAT does Braeden have on the PTB that allows him to dictate story in this way? Snaps of Les Moonves and Osama doing the moonwalk? Steve kent in a gimp suit? And did Y&R's ratings collapse while EB was away pumping iron? Surely now is the time where they can say "Eric, we're going another direction here. The Abbotts retain control of Jabot." Because honestly, Victor owning everything in town and winning every battle = zero story potential. Heck, even Sonny on GH f*cks up sometime -- if only to serve the purpose of February sweeps.

• Members

Actually I wonder if Tucker will soon one-up Victor only to generate sympathy for Victor. You know, like Tucker swiping Newman away from Victor?

Nick: Tucker McCall stole Newman Enterprises!

Victoria: This is a family company how could he?

Billy: Let me do an scandalous expose on Tucker McCall for y'all.

Victor: YOU STOLE MY COMPANY! I ALWAYS PLAYED FAIR AND BY THE RULES

*the heart gives out, and Tucker simply walks over a dying Victor*

• Members

I wondered why discussion had died...and then I watched the episode and it became clear. Daisy

automatically makes every episode she is in 10 times worse than it already was, kind of like Traci, Brock, Liv and Nina make every episode they are in that much better.

Is Daisy supposed to be seducing Daniel? Their scenes are so low energy I nearly fell asleep. Someone make it stop.

Amber and her "bio clock" UGH!! Spare me. It's making Daniel and Amber both look like fools and Daniel look like an ass. Not because he doesn't want a child right now, but because of the way he is approaching the discussion. A discussion any rational couple has before the marriage.

I can't believe Amelia is back at work already. She looked tired, but I'd love to know how so many of these actresses come back looking like they were never pregnant in the first place. I suppose they were under weight to start with in many cases, but still, good for Amelia. I thought her scenes with Billy were kind of cute, but I can't invest. Billy has gone through too many women too fast.

Jack and Victor...I'm trying to care, but I just can't.

• Members

I find that there's nothing worth commenting on about this show anymore, it's just all bad with very little, if any, hope of getting better.

It's so much easier to "bitch" and be angry, because the writing on this show is just soooo bad. There's nothing particularly interesting or worth my time investing in on Y&R these days. I still watch out of loyalty, but the show really is that terrible.

• Members

If that were the only time he'd refused to allow Victor to take his lumps maybe I'd give him a pass, but we all know he does this time and again, which is why Jack has been losing for the last 20 years straight and why Nikki and Ashley always lose and have to come crawling back to him. The lack of a Victor/Phyllis scene was glaring and hurt the show, but not as much as the lack of balance between Jack and Victor over the last 20 years has. There's no excuse for it.

Archived