Plastic Surgery of the Soap Stars

• Members

Every name on that list is obvious except Galen Gering. He has been good looking since the day he showed up, and it is possible he was just blessed with good looks...unless you are saying you know or are pretty sure you are seeing something in his face?

The three Y&R men disturb me. Peter Bergman looks embalmed, and Christian LeBlanc is sort of scary.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah but as you imply more people in tv have had their teeth done, then not. It's so strange watching Peyton Place and the amount of people with, not great teeth. By everyday standards no one has BAD teeth--but when you're used to everyone on tv having great teeth, seeing Ryan O'Neil's crooked lower row, for instance, is jarring.

• Members

:lol: That reminds me of when June Brown from Eastenders was given a lifetime achievement award, and she scoffed at her teeth in a clip from her first episode, "Well I HAVE had 'em done since, haven't I? You have to wait 'til you get the money, you hafta be in it for a bit."

@Eric, I really think Extreme Makeover had a huge impact on cosmetic dentistry. A lot of us knew about things like porcelain veneers and laser whitening, but that show really put those things on the map and suddenly everyone was buying Whitestrips or throwing down the money (around $1,000/tooth) for veneers, or Zoom/Brite Smile.

• Members

I know, your'e right about that. Extreme makeover was when that stuff really took off. And WOW is it expensive. Makes me SO thankful I have perfect teeth and never needed enhancement, my dentist marvels at my teeth every time I come in. Good thing... I couldn't afford it, anyway!

• Members

My dad and I have had that discussion, like, is there *really* such a thing as too white teeth? :D I see what you mean, but to me it only looks "bad" when the overall look is just too too[/t], like Sam Champion's choppers matched with his orange fake bake tan and blonde highlights. When you get veneers, there are shade options, they even take the whites of your eyes into consideration, but I just don't think I could throw down that kind of money and opt for "kinda white" over "DAYUM white". I dunno...

• Members

Deidre Hall, while undoubtedly still a very striking woman, seems very plastic to me. During her last stint on DAYS, she had two expressions. The dead stare and the squinty "smile." I put "smile" in quotes because it never seemed like she ever actually moved her mouth, she just squeezed her eyes shut really tighy to make it appear she was happy.

And then there was RoboJohn, who had the smoothest, most robotic looking face ever. And the Michael Myers haircut, can't forget that. SO creepy.

Josh Taylor always struck me as someone who just lost too many teeth. He sounds like he's got like three left in his head.

Archived