Plastic Surgery of the Soap Stars

• Members

Y&&&&&&R

Jess Walton's face looked pretty stiff about six months ago. It wore off and that is a good thing. I think she has had some work done. MTS needs to do something...STAT. She must be the same age as the actress who plays Ashley but looks 15 years older; and, woo, what is up with that hair?

ATWT

*Eileen Fulton (Lisa)has wrecked her face on World Turns. She needs to chill with the needle and thread.

*Maura West (Carly)has had to much botox shot into her brow. She has aged poorly but, after a litter of 5 kids, who can blame her.

*Jon Hensley (Holden) looks like her has had some work done.

*Julie Pinson (Janet) needs a new wig.

*Roger Howarth (Paul) looks like he has had some type of chemical treatment--shin is too shiny.

B&B

*Hunter Tylo (Taylor) has ruined her face. She has had a hard time so maybe this was her way of acting out.

*Brooke Logan (insert name) is great! She seems to have had no work done and is just aging naturally. Pretty soon she will like like Susan Flannery circa 1990 minus 30 pounds)

* Eric Forrester (insert name) needs to get that double-chin fixed. It looks like a change purse!

*Susan Flannery (Stephanie) needs a wig! She makes Sally Spectra in look HOT!

Donna (insert name) looks like BBQ Barbie.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Excuse me, but that's Doctor 90210. :P

Well, I also read a book where a doctor said it was okay to smoke until you were about thirty and still get away scot-free. I don't think that's exactly responsible advice from a physician, regardless of his opinions or data.

A quick Google search will show that there is conflicting evidence on the subject, but the majority of controlled scientific case studies have found that smoking can impede wound healing leaving patients with darker, more noticeable scarring.

More lifted ladies:

Susan Flannery, Constance Towers, Marj Dusay...

• Members

There is a futurologist, I am forgetting his name, who says that in forgetting again how many years rich people will turn into a separate species, a sort of cyborgs, "enhanced" human beings. Biotechnology, medicine and robotic engineering and rich people's fortresses loaded with money will allow them to have organ transplants, to freeze themselves, not to age and so on... I think the guy even said that artificial limbs will be better than the real, natural ones.

Scary. Will it happen? I don't know, I know it sounds "out there", too extreme, but it's food for thought.

• Members

I agree about Maura.

Julie doesnt wear a wig, last i had heard anyways that red thing was her real hair.

I love that Flannery is real. No need for a wig. The hair cutting scene was brilliant. And i dont think Stephanie is suposed to be someone who is overly sexy.

You are so right about Donna.

• Members

I think that looks absolutely disastrous. A woman who is 70 looking 30, 40, 50 years younger is horrendous. It messes up things. Whereas in the past fashion & beauty magazines talked about clothes, make-up and cosmetic and the latest trends in each separate category, today they talk about how a modern face looks.:mellow: Meaning, if your cheeks aren't of certain shape, if your nose looks like this, if your forehead has one too many wrinkles, if your lips aren't "full" enough... You're an old, "obsolete" human who looks terrible. Natural is terrible, artifical is — splendor of splendors of the bestest best of best looks. :ph34r:

People age, it is called biology, when a first cell of a human being is created in a mother's womb, it starts to die. It is absolutely scary, at the same time, to see 70-year old women looking 30 and teenage, high-school girls looking like grown-up women (full boobs, shape of the face and the whole body, secondary sex characteristics etc.). :wacko:

That does not mean that one should take care of the skin. Skin is the most sensitive human organ, your first protective barrier from the threats of the outer world, and just like visiting a dentist as soon as the first teeth appear, one needs to have a dermatologist. Absolutely. Everyone.

So as I said yes to lasers and certain other types of interventions, but no to injecting, implanting, filling and so on.

My opinion. :)

And DaytimeFan hasn't replied to my question about lasers — did I get the all right? :)

• Members

Susan wore a wig for years but stopped ten or more years ago. I think she was probably right to do so, as the days of Stephanie as any sort of glamorous figure were long over, and the natural hair and the pants suits make her more comfortable and she can just focus on her performance.

• Members

And another thing which I always found funny... Is that some of these dermatologists and plastic surgeons look :blink:.

Take a look at Dr Frederic Brandt (called the Baron of Botox or the King of Collagen, charges around $7,000 for a full face of injections):

2209_drbrandt_i_204759t.jpg

:mellow:

Or Dr Frank Ryan:

frank.jpg

:mellow:

• Members

Hunter Tylo used to be absolutely stunning. Definitely one of the most beautiful women in the world. Seeing her now is so sad.

Katherine Kelly Lang (Brooke) has definitely had some work done but on a much smaller scale. I remember when she did something to her lips and looked awful for a while. But thankfully she had the good sense to realize it looked bad and stopped. I wish some other people had been as smart.

Jennifer Gareis (Donna) just looks fake. Plastic is the only word that can be used to describe her.

• Members

Jennifer Gareis, I suspect has had tons done, to the point where she probably looks quite different from when she was a teenager. Putting aside her hair color, body and breasts (which are obviously implants), I'd say her teeth are new, so is the mouth, her nose has been completely reshaped and I'd even hazard a guess at her cheeks. It does suit the character of Donna, though.

Maura West looks like an old school movie star to me, but I think it is clear that she's on familiar terms with her botox doctor. Her lips have also been collagened, I'd say. Maybe an eye-lift.

Jacqueline MacInnes Wood MUST have had work done -- lips, cheeks, an eye-lift even. Her eyebrows have been tarred, from the looks of things. It's such a shame because she is so young and when she first joined the show, she was amazingly naturally beautiful with her rosey cheeks and chestnut hair. Maybe Hunter Tylo passed on her surgeons name? If so, she should be sued!

Ronn Moss has great genetics but also a chin and neck tuck, an eye lift and some botox.

• Members

There was an actress named Lynne Perrie on the British soap, Coronation Street. She played a downtrodden, extremely conservative character, but she was nothing like that off the set. She had supposedly had several procedures done, but when she came back in early 1994 with big fake lips, the producers finally had enough. They wrote her out to see if her appearance would go back to normal. It did not, so they killed her character, offcamera.

Here's an infamous talk show appearance from Lynne, drunk as a skunk/flirting with her former onscreen son/singing karaoke, the same year she was fired from Corrie. But her lips don't look too bad, so that's something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf_bn-6aH5g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZhBOtpMHi8&feature=related

• Members

I know. You don't know whether to laugh or cringe. It made some of the "Biggest public meltdown" lists over there a few years ago. I posted it because it's the only time I remember someone directly being fired from a soap because of plastic surgery mishaps.

Lynne also made a parody of an exercise video where she sat around drinking champagne and ogling half-naked hunks. :lol: I wish she'd met Brenda Dickson.

Archived