OLTL: Discussion for the week January 25

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OK so is Marty meant to be a good shrink or a bad manipulative one? :unsure: Cuz, while normally I'd say Nat is (understandably) paranoid and jumping to conclusions, re John and Marty, umm I've gone to my share of shrinks (no comment) and done a lot of training for my work as a counsellor and Marty was definitely doing exactly what Nat accused her of. So much for having competent professionals on this show.

I kinda hate this story about every single cop happily following Lowell's bidding. This is a small American town--would people really stand for that? It makes NO sense. Why doesn't anyone go to the FBI (John and his connections) or the senator orHOEVER is in charge of those people. To have a clear murderer roaming aroung, all these false allegations, etc, for months is too much for me to suspend my disbelief with. Why didn't Vicki just move away for a while with her family, if that's how it was gonna be?? It doesn't make a lick of sense to me.

That said, I actually kinda enjoyed today's show--WTF is wrong with me. :lol:

• Members

Clint and Kim, one of the oldest, most cliched soap devices ever, but I am en-JOYYY-innng iiit...

I hate it when they let Rex be emotionally manipulated by Stacy, if even for a moment. He has made some truly bonehead decisions in the past, but his capacity for identifying b.s. should be par excellence by now. I hate it that Stacy can STILL play him to a certain degree.

Where's Charlie? Did Viki send him to rehab?

• Members

That's a LONG ass bus ride for a pregnant woman. :P

I liked Rex's line about the baby not having to be named after someone. AMC has gone overboard with that and my mind still glitches everytime I hear them say Trevor, Jenny, or Stuart.

Archived