HBO: Game of Thrones

• Members

Intense! I felt bad for that giant even though he wasn't the nicest guy. He is brave. He walked into the water but the show wasn't clear where he was going or what happened to him. Maybe he is tall enough to walk all the way? I thought for a second the show found a replacement woman for Jon, and I am glad they decided to not be so unoriginal.

I don't understand Cersei's uncle. He may not like Cersei but he has to know what is at stake here regarding the legitimacy of Tommen. How come he is not rescuing Cersei? As for Ser Jorah, I am sort of losing interest. He's dying, let him die in peace. What of any significance can happen here at this point? Arya's story has also lost me. Not sure what to make of this as it is painfully slow detailing her change to master assassin. It's interesting in theory, but not really worth devoting so much storytime to.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I guess they could send him in as a living nuke against the white walkers, but seeing how Jon's sword is the newest only thing that can stop them you can sort of see how this might end where it will be the dragons of all things that save humanity when it is time to start forging new swords pronto. If that doesn't work I imagine the dragons will figure into the climactic battle in another way. There has to be a reason why these dragons were placed in the story to just perpetually reside in the background. Somehow when it all comes to a head and Dany and Jon are the ones fighting to save the world, her dragons will be the secret weapon somehow. If not, then I can't really see why Martin bothered to include them.

As for Ser Jorah, I guess he will eventually get a heroic death set to dramatic music, and Dany will learn a lesson in something bravely fighting back tears. Other than that, I can't see why this guy is still on the show.

• Members

The end was really cool with the dragon, but I really thought the dragon was gonna get killed. Perhaps it is time Danearys takes her show on the road because this town seems to want nothing to do with her. Stannis wss always a creep with no personality but he crossed a line tonight I don't see how he can cross back. His wife is a total imbecile but so is he for even going along with this. He has to wind up getting killed because no way does a guy like this go on to win at the end, Now sure what to make of the whole Dorne episode. Nothing really happened of note, so why did we spend all that time there? The three daughters got hyped as being something important but they all turned out to be nothing. Frustrating we did not get to see what is happening with the Kings Landing crew but I guess that is for next week.

• Members

I hope Ramsey carves the cold, dead heart out of Stannis. However, the Lord of Light has power and Stannis did make the sacrifice. I think he might win his battle against the Bolton's at least. I was surprised that Shireen's mother is the one who tried to save her. I think she was basically insane from losing all of those babies (keeping the bodies proves that). She latched on to a cult to give her life meaning, but at least at the end she came to her senses. I wish Shireen had at least seen her mother try to stop it.

Dany's scene was good tonight. This show needs more dragons, but I guess the CGI or whatever they are using is expensive. People seem to think she left her crew to fend for themselves, but really, the fight was over.

I wonder if Oberyn's mistress is going to kill Jaime.

Hey Q, your giant survived!

Edited by Juliajms

• Members

I knew that's how it would end for Shireen.

The tragedy of Stannis is that he's a noble, just ruler in some ways, but ultimately he became a middle aged man who is hidebound, bamboozled, and deluded. Their family, with what Melisandre has brought to them and what Stannis has allowed, is nothing but a sad, pathetic midlife crisis that led them into a death cult.

The end with Daenerys and Drogon was really affecting. And I'm actually glad Jorah didn't buy it there. They gave him a great redemption.

• Members

Yes, I wonder where he will sleep.

I think the daughter did see the mother trying to help her which is why she switched from calling for her father to calling for her mother. Stannis is just a waste of a human being. He isn't sadistically evil like that Bolton psycho but he is just so cold and perpetually miserable. If he has to kill his own family to get the throne, why does he even want it? The other brother was a much nicer guy, it's a shame he got killed. I don't even know how he wound up in the same family as Stannis and Robert (who was also not going to win any personality contests)

I can't believe next week is the last episode! This year got off to a slow start but the last few weeks have been one winner after another. Which reminds me, whatever happened to Varys??? He was in the first episode or two and was completely forgotten about. Which double reminds me that in season one Jon Snow joined the Knights Watch to find his uncle...did he ever find him? And is Renly STILL rowing? And where is Rickon and Hodor?

• Members

Yeah, the whole noble part has pretty much gone up in smoke with Shireen.

I find Stannis a fascinating character, but his arc has gone exactly the way I expected. Stodgy guy backs the worst possible horse.

• Members

I binge watched this show in about 2 weeks and am in love. Still suck at remembering everyone's names but hey if I can't spell it my brain throws it away.

I've never been fond of Stannis and last night solidified it. Her uncle is going to be so pissed when he returns.

Jon Snow is my current husband of any show I watch. He can do no wrong. Well, besides cheating on my with that annoying wildling. But luckily I'm forgiving...

Dany and Drogon are made of win. It was nice for Jorah to prove he still always has her back but he's already been sentenced to death. Putting Tyrion in Danys orbit has probably been my favorite development this season.

Can someone release my other fav Margaery already? Where's Grandma badass when you need her?

Edited by MrPrezident

• Members

I can't believe the show did it again! I was just staring watching and not believing what I was seeing. He was supposed to be the eventual star of the whole story who along with Dany saves everyone. It pisses me off they keep on killing the good guys off leaving us with wars between Child burners and skin flayers as the people we are supposed to choose between. Stories need heroes, and they just killed theirs---again. It sucks.

I don't know who it is time to root for, I guess Jaime, the hero who pushes children out windows. He got some bit of redemption with Brienne so maybe we can watch him get even with the Dornish who killed his daughter. In other news, it will be fun watching Cersei get even with everybody in that whole town. She's evil but they're fanatic nuts and have it coming, Her Franken-mountain I assume will have a whole list of people to settle with. Sansa and Theon: the show is unclear, it looked like a suicide pact but I am gonna say growing up there they know where to jump to land in a pile of snow. Arya's killing Ser Meryn was great but now she's blind? Her friend isn't a friend worth having. I am not sure who Dany was surrounded by but seeing how she ditched her ring, I am guess it isn't her old Khal Drogo crew.