Headwriters who change with their shows

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I did post a couple of hours back? I've been switching computers maybe it didn't go through I will check. (basically I am severely disappointed though the optimist in me about the future of AMC thinks it's not quite as bad as it COULD have been)

You haven't convinced me :P when the campier aspects came a year or two in, I agree.

• Members

Jaime Lyn Bauer? That would've been something! But why couldn't she just return to Y&R? That really bothers me. I want to see Lorie Brooks in action so bad. Those two episodes she returned for in 1984 were flawless. She slipped back into that role so seamlessly. But I always thought the original choice for Stephanie Forrester was Susan Seaforth Hayes?

Oh okay! I must've missed your post, but I will look. I was wondering what you would think.

• Members

I've read that about SSH too, but I read about JLB even longer ago, I think in Waggett's Book of Lists. And I REALLY hope I'm not making this up, I need to recheck my facts, but I want to say that they went as far as taking promo pics with JLB before she pulled out. She wasn't *quite* ready for the grind of a lead like Stephanie, she'd quit Y&R because she was worked to death.

DeeeDee, I can see that, the iciness, Stephanie is somewhere between Iris and Alex. Iris was more in-your-face, and Alex sort of leaned back and quietly schemed when she needed to.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Marland said that the Snyder family was shaped after his own. He grew up on a farm in West Sand Lake, NY. The Thanksgiving sqash cut was actually his family tradition. I come from Albany, near his home town, and the sappy Snyders' remind me of the locals. They all live in little farmhouses that look like Emma's kitchen. A writer often brings his/her personal experience with them, these people and events are what they know, understand, consider the ideal. Marland brough earthy moments to all of his shows aside from his Showtime gig.

I think he went to far declawing Babs, Lucinda, Lisa: these women lost all thier zest. Killing off Diana was a mistake, too. This is jut my feeling; however, during the first two years he lost ratings when contrasted against Jerome and Bridget Dobson. I wonder what kind of ATWT we would have today if they had stayed. Better year, where the show would be now had B&B not been aired thus bumping the time slot.

Archived