2010 NAACP Image award nominees

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What's really sad is that half of the actors are recurring and that my mind has to go on overdrive trying to scrimp and piece together the clips that would even add up to a nomination if this was the Emmys. The award belongs to Debbi, and then I'd say Daphne, we know that, but if the judges see a clip of Tatyana chewing out Bryton coupled with the buzz of her new web soap, I could see her taking it home, and they would have never known that what they just watched was maybe two of the entire ten minutes of work she did on Y&R that entire year.

• Members

I don't understand why Tika Sumpter was not nominated. Is she not enough of a "name" for them, as most of that category is women who used to be stars of their soaps, or who were on hit sitcoms, or hit reality shows?

It's shameful that Eva Marcile would be nominated and not her.

• Members

this is the same awards that nominated Tyler Christopher years back. The NAACP are not something to take serious and hold no weight. I firmly believe they do randomly pick whatever black actors are in daytime as evidenced by the current nominees

• Members

I don't know why the NAACP struggles so much when it comes to their daytime nominations. I agree that Tika Sumpter and Sean Riggold should have gotten nods over Daphne Duplaix and Terrell Tilford. And why was Cassius Smith chosen over Darnell Williams? The NAACP does so much better in the movie and music nominations. Maybe they need to leave the daytime picks out of it altogether?

• Members

Until they recruit decision makers who actually know what the hell they're doing, I would agree. Sure, some actors will get lucky, but more often than not, the truly deserving actors (and fans) will be insulted by these random and nonsensical choices.

Is he Native American or something? I forget what the deal is with that...

• 1 month later...

Archived