December 21-25, 2009

Toups

• Members

I wouldn't mind an AMC increase mostly because I hope that this might give some confidence to a good writer if a good writer replaces Pratt. I don't want them to have to feel like, with a ratings drop, they need to have Ryan shoot Opal in the head.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

True..but now AMC...thank u...lord...is down in the demos...1.0...aint nothing to write about..and poor OLTL is where ATWT is now....I am just saying that 1.1...isnt too far from say a .9....too much is put on those damn 18-49 demos.....oh well.....at least I can enjoy the ratings now since ATWT wont be on much longer.....or will I.....lol

• Members

Remember the days when Ron was the "It" writer in daytime. He was getting praise left and right and now poof..it's all gone. Funny how I hated his OLTL when he was getting praised and I am enjoying it now that the ratings are low.

AMC IMO doesnt have quality yet they have higher ratings....go figure...

• Members

Pratt and Guza both have a penchant for killing characters especially legacy characters. Guza lost close to a million viewers between the beginning and end of 2007 after killing off 3 in one year plus 2 more and nada. Pratt's reign at AMC while storywise is just terrible, seemed to oddly stabalize the show to an extent and he's fired. Not that he shouldn't have been but go figure it out. I can't.

• Members

That was a terrible story and dragged out much too long.

You know aside from Y&R the demos for the other shows are pretty close. Days and GH at 1.2, B&B at 1.1, AMC at 1.0 and OLTL and ATWT at .9. Not that great a diff.

And what's interesting is Y&R has lost approx 330,000 viewers from a year ago and 220,000 of them are men. And we know these shows don't really care about male viewers do they?

At least ATWT's demos haven't dropped within the past year.

Archived