December 21-25, 2009

Toups

• Members

The thing was we knew Luke had a big crush on him and knew why. We saw their budding friendship and then Luke started feeling something for him. When Noah was introduced it was bang....lets kiss....and hit the sheets....and we had no clue who Noah was and why Luke liked him. I stil remember the scene where Luke came out to Kevin at Raven Lake. All of Nuke doesnt compare to that one scene of Kevin and Luke.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes they do. I loved their flirting they did. Casey was so uncomfortable when Luke presented him as his bf...lol. They would have made a hot couple. It would have been a good twist had they made Casey bi..another disappointment in Margo's eyes.

• Members

Playing it safe didn't do anything to keep other soaps on the air.

They wouldn't have been able to show anything between Luke and Kevin, as they didn't between Nuke, so it probably would have been the same, long term. And that would have been another story where being virulently homophobic = being gay, which has been done so many times, and sends a bad message.

I think they should have just written all gay characters out a year or two ago if they weren't going to be able to properly write for them.

• Members

Oh dear no....not that...lol

Serisously, ATWT should have gone with a Luke and Kevin pairing or a Luke and Casey pairing. It's a mute point now since ATWT is a goner. Goutman was too pigheaded to listen to fans and I doubt he would kill of Noah and have Luke Paired with Kevin or Casey. It be nice to have Kevin admit to Luke he was gay all along and he crushed him. Sigh...will never happen.

• Members

The problem is that they didn't play it safe. They toyed with new production methods; over-focused on super couples; fired vets; put all the focus on the teen set. Days proves that playing it safe by telling good story and returning to a more traditional soap model works wonders.

• Members

Yes, but DAYS also fired some vets, and focused on new teen characters.

Sometimes you have to take some chances. I don't know if OLTL did anything that shocking with their gay characters to say they somehow have caused a ratings loss. I would say the Tarty aftermath and all the repulsive Todd/Tea and Rex/Gigi/Stacy stories drove ratings down more. The only part of the Kish story which might have caused viewers to tune out was the wedding stuff, which I think was a bit too much and also rushed.

• Members

Let's not kid ourselves here though, if DAYS had the budget to do all those other things, they would be doing them. The budget cuts of 2008 and Hall and Hogestyn's firings shuck that show to its core and made them refocus it, not because they wanted to refocus the show.

The other soaps have their crappy budgets and are trying to pass it off as something more than it actually is, and it never works. They all need a "shock" that will shake them to their core too. Who know if or when that will happen.

Archived