December 21-25, 2009

Toups

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Maybe they weren't willing to sell at those particular times and were willing to ride the wave until their last soap left the air?

NBC and CBS canceled the PGP soaps ultimately, so it's not like PGP held a gun to their heads demanding cancellation.

and not like CBS has a good history anyway of owning its own soaps...

• Members

I am the last person that wants to see ATWT gone in September. I won't have any reason to watch soaps.sad.gif Depending on what happens to Kish ....I might watch OLTL only when they are on and maybe Tea....Y&R as much as I use to love...I can take or leave it. B&B is the same drivel...I dont have an investment to watch it. Days and dreadful AMC were never my shows so.....goodbye soaps for me in September.

• Members

Van also worked very well with Jake when Jake first showed up. All he ever had with Karl was stuff which wasn't about romance, it was all angst and hostility.

I guess we'll never know, but something tells me if it were Luke and Kevin, we might have the same stories we've had with Nuke.

• Members

I totally disagree with you about Jake and Van. I thought Van was all cutesy with Jake but nothing else.

Luke felt something for Kevin..and yes there was angst and hostility which made the story great to watch. What has been so great about Nuke to watch? A wacko dad?? A fake boring lifeless marriage with Ameera....ugh...nada..zero....

• Members

Agreed...P&G probably made more money by just riding the wave over the past decade. I doubt CBS was offering more than 50 million for both shows. There must be someone who wants to buy now but I doubt PGP would get very much.

Yeah, come September I am done with soaps, too. World Turns is the only show I care anything about. I've come to get very bored with Y&R and BB is take it or leave it TV. I might flip to C-span

Yes, with Time Warner. I was just using it as an example 'cause I don't see Fox doing soaps. I doubt local stations would give up the airtime.

• Members

Man do I love it that General Hospital is 6th in total viewers and 5th in household. Oh how I wish Guiding Light was still on just so I could see how close GH and GL would have tied in HH.

I'm sorry that OLTL has dropped. I'm actually enjoying that show.

Archived