OLTL: Discussion for the week January 4

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yesterday's ep was pretty decent. I liked all of the gym-related stuff (DGIH, please don't turn it into the Genoa City All-Purpose Athletic Club). It's cool to see a soap recognize New Year's Resolutions.

This Langston/Ford thing isn't gonna work for me because you mean to tell me that Langston's been able to ignore every other stud in Llanview in favor of her perfect boyfriend (who is the total package: sweet, funny, romantic, cool, AND a more-than-nice piece of @$$), but there's just something magical about Ford that turns her into a get it girl? Aye dios mio. Langston and Markko deserve a better storyline.

That said, Ford's hotness is epic, even though he's not a fantabu actor. I can take or leave him. Poor Cole/BB. He did not look good at all yesterday, almost washed up. I wonder if he's on something.

Shaun and Destiny work together real well, and I liked their banter, but damn, I was disappointed when they squandered all their hard work at the end to get hot fudge sundaes. It's not about how you look, it's about your HEALTH. And going for hot fudge sundaes because he wants Rachel and she wants Matthew is not healthy.

TnT. No thank you. Matthew/Dani. No thank you. I hope this thing with Blair and Elijah is real because she deserves a break from !@#$%^&*] Manning.

• Members

Yes, but Kevin actually had a personality and they spent months building up Cassie's attraction to him. As a contrast to Andrew, he worked. I don't know why she would want Ford (who seems to have bulked up in a way which a lot of girls Langston's age would find offputting), or why she would suddenly have had enough of Markko.

• Members

I think they were a big fraud from early on. They had major issues which the show ignored to shove them together. He slept with Gigi's doppleganger. She brushed this off almost immediately, and screwed him before Emma was even an afterthought. Then Rex shrugged off her lies regarding Shane's paternity. They immediately became this generic "fate" couple where everyone was supposed to marvel at them because the show sold them as true love against psycho Brody and evil Adrianna and time travel and all the rest.

Underneath the gimmicks, there was nothing to shout about. And the show has just kept throwing obstacle after obstacle after them ever since.

There was real potential in showing us Shane's point of view and how his feelings might affect them and their relationship, but instead, like Jack, he's just a plot device who pops up to remind us of the awesomeness of his father and that women should be kept in their place.

• Members

Oh, just bring Mel back from the dead already. Okay, they probably don't know how to use him right now, but it's sad because SM wants to work and RS *really* wants him back as a scene partner. Viki could bond with him on the whole plane crash fiasco and use his shoulder to cry on as she deals with Chah-lih's alcoholism, and that of course would drive Dorian stark raving... there are possibilities, but at any rate, when this show goes off the air (twenty years from now! ;) ), Dorian should get her sunset with Mel. In the land of the living, that is.

• Members

I hate to say things like this because it really isn't my wish to insult people personally, but I just do not care for the way FF and and now JPL play their roles. They are sickening, they annoy me, I cannot get on their side because I just cannot stand them really. I have no doubt that I could have actually liked Gigi in the hands of another actress, if she was more like Spike on Degrassi :P or something. And how JPL has become a caricature of himself in the span of half a decade is just a whole 'nother kettle of fish, he really needs to be reigned in, he's coasting on snark and it's doing him nor the audience any favors.

I never read that he was actually sick, but we all did remark that he looked pale and had lost a bit of weight. Then again, it's been nearly ten years since we last saw him, so who knows...

• Members

It hasnt been that long as he appeared for a few episodes about a year and a half ago

I wish Dorian would confide in her family about Mitch blackmailing her. I dont think she needs to keep this a secret

My favorite scene today was Charlie/Viki finding Nat at Jared's grave and Nat breaking down in Charlie's arms

• Members

Right, in response to Carl's post, I was referring to the anniversary special.

I don't like that Dorian is keeping this in either, OLTL likes to do that a lot, have characters hold onto stuff that could seemingly be solved in a pinch if they just came out with it.

• Members

I can't blame them for having Dorian be quiet, it makes the story easier, but it just continues the distancing they've done with Blair and Dorian over the past five or six months. It's hard to believe Blair was a major part of Mitch's story on his last return.

Archived