OLTL: Discussion for the week January 4

• Members

It would explain a lot! lol (Seriously I used to like Rex, I never was a huge fan, but it only dawned on me recently that I'm not quite sure when I started to actively DISlike him--certainly since all this Gigi mess, but... And is JPL bored or something? his acting "choices" are getting odder and odder--ie his Michael Jackson spin while talking to Bo in his office today. Again he never was brilliant, but never quite this bad either even when he was green.)

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like David as Bo's son - I think it would be far more boring if he was just Asa's. Asa's dead. They don't do enough with it, but they've certainly started to whenever Tuc is around.

I really loved today. Mostly wonderful stuff with Viki and Charlie, Kish, Roxy and Kyle, etc. I won't copy all my comments from TWOP but suffice to say I was very pleased.

• Members

I think it's going to be hard to come up with major stories for David and Bo, with Tuc's schedule, and also because a lot of stories tend to just sort of stop, or get quickly resolved, like all the problems Bo and Nora were having with Matthew.

I know that stories about rich people becoming poor are cliched, but I wouldn't have minded seeing David as the Buchanan heir, and the Buchanans having to slowly earn their fortune back. I know they wouldn't have wanted to have gotten rid of the sets, so they could have had David, as a kind gesture (and a way to make Clint and Nora feel a bit small), rent the mansion to them for a few dollars a month.

I agree that today's show was good, I really thought the Charlie/Viki stuff was very good. It's nice to see the darker side of their relationship, Brian Kerwin plays this even better than he has played the warmer Charlie.

• Members

Excellent show today. I love when soaps write there characters intelligently and use that as the way to move story forward as opposed to them playing dumb and dragging stories out for months. And that is why I loved the Viki/Dorian stuff today. Viki knows Mitch is threatening Dorian and I can't wait to see what she does with the information. The possibilities of how Viki chooses to use the information is far more interesting and suspenseful then anything I have seen on soaps in a long while.

Natalie ripping Nora a new a** was awesome and hopefully only the beginning. I just hope she gives Bo the same treatment. It would be nice to see the cousins get into it a little as well by having Matthew defend his parents to Natalie and Jess.

Finally, Viki and Charlie were heartbreaking. There scenes were touching and full of raw emotion with out any scenery chewing. Bravo BK and ES, that is how its done.

• Administrator

They were so good today!! "I will follow you to hell if I have to." :wub: They are one, if not, they best couple in daytime.

And we got more Brody/Charlie today too. I hope to see more of them and that their relationship becomes like father/son one, as they are part of the same family via Viki/Jessica.

• Members

But Bo and Nora and Matthew made up weeks ago. What they did was really shitty, but came out of a place of panic; in the end he got his legs back and they all loved each other too much, they figured it was bygones. I'm fine with that, and I was pretty pissed at Bo and Nora.

• Members

Make room on the crazy train then because I could see the writers doing this! Mitch 'dumped' Nat and probably didn't think it mattered to really keep track of her - he left Allison to do it. AP might have hidden Rex from Mitch out of spite, or to protect him from Mitch. By the time Mitch was revealed as Rex's father, I was already over caring who it was - it had been dragged out for so long. If Roxy's words about having Rex remember who his 'real mother' was has any meaning, I don't think the writers can drag this one out. Get it over with.

I agree with those who think it would be a shame for Roxy to lose Rex (and the other way around). As it is, Roxy is the only person who makes Rex interesting to me.

Stripper Kyle... I like! It's only because of Kish that I can tolerate Kyle. I don't hate Kyle, and I'm glued to the Kish scenes because they're so real and so well done, but outside of that he's one more shining example of misogynistic writing in daytime. The guy lied to a dying child's parents and exploited the situation for cash. I hate seeing Stacy and Kim become the targets of hatred by Llanview citizens while Kyle is whitewashed. I just hate that the writers have chosen to strip him of everything that makes him a complex character. I don't need Kyle and Oliver to be superheroes! I'd love to see Fish loving Kyle, but tortured by who Kyle is (or might really be). It's the "Jack/Carly" formula that's worked so well for ATWT - when the show wasn't so busy running from CarJack. I just wouldn't want to see Fish become as judgmental as Jack.

What has Chi Chi done to get on your bad side? NO ONE should be punished that way. :P I too hate seeing Bo used to prop Rex - especially since there's no real payoff. Rex comes off as whiny and a little too needy and as you pointed out, Bo isn't such a great dad to his own kids. It's disturbing that he hasn't wanted to get to know David better. Heck, just an occasional reference to a phone call, email, text, or web cam session with David would do it for me. David has been unselfish and loving toward the Buchanan clan. He seems to get very little in return. Bo reads as a FAILED father figure which makes his sessions with Rex just creepy.

I agree. I'd love to see Matthew confront his parents about their behavior toward Clint. Clint was the first person to give him hope that he would walk again. It has to hurt Matthew, no matter how much he loves his parents, to see them treat Clint this way.

Archived