OLTL: Discussion for the week January 4

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Todd and Rachel would've been a halfway viable idea before Tarty - and it was one I personally championed - back when Todd still had a soul. Now I can't ever see it. Rachel has far too much integrity and self-respect. Become involved with the man who tried to rape her mother and raped Marty twice? It would destroy her character. I would not watch it.

I found nothing believable about Todd and Evangeline, ironic since I was keen on the idea when REG was first cast - that faded when I saw her portrayal and the lackluster writing for her, particularly around Todd. It seemed they kept shoving them into scenes together to try and make her click with the audience (much like they did with her ridiculous one-sided friendship with Nora). "Todd likes her, so should you." But why did Todd like her? Why did she, a successful, educated woman with no history of abuse in her past like him? I never knew. Time was never taken. Compared to Rebecca, Blair, Tea, Marty, she barely seemed to know or understand him. He was just a sad emo teen and she was the prom queen who loved him. It was paint by numbers storytelling for tweens, and it had nothing to do with the realities of Todd.

I think Evangeline dealt with people in black and white terms based on how much they adored and praised her, reserving nuance only for herself and her foolish treatment of Cristian. Todd was sad, so she felt sorry for him; he paid attention to her. REG herself indicated that she felt Evangeline's interest had more self-serving motives than the page dared admit. His crimes never entered into the equation. She was a vapid, self-obsessed tourist. Had she lasted on the show, he would have torn through her like all the rest. Tea, insane though she is, is ten times the woman and lawyer Van is. She knows how to deal with Todd on her own terms. Van had no idea.

• Members

nothing regarding Mitch makes sense which is why he's a horrible villian and needs to go. His presence compromises the integrity of the show as everything including the characters become stupid where he is concerned bc he's made into this all knowing, all powerful being. I suspect that his followers are also in teh FBI which is why having them confirm anything is pointless

Archived