OLTL: Discussion for the week January 4

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, poor Roxie, don't take away ALL of the woman's damn babies. Rex needs to remain hers, PERIOD. Or he can be any other hitherto unseen woman's, but he cannot, should not, EVER be Viki's kid, gmafb. I hope and pray that they don't try to pull that crap. Nature/nurture, whatever, but Rex just totally works as Roxie's kid. It doesn't take blood to be a parent, but when you're not even a *good* parent, you're just distancing Roxie more and more by cutting her blood ties. She's going to end up being all of the gay characters' dayplayer surrogate mom.

• Members

I really enjoyed the show today.

My favorite of course were the scenes with Viki and Charlie, I sure have missed these two phenomenal actors in scenes together. I loved seeing Viki not letting Charlie wallow in his disease and I so want him to realize that she is and could be his rock. I do NOT want to see a Viki and Clint reunion, I want Viki and Charlie to overcome and come out at the end of this even stronger and more in love.

WTG Nat!! I loved that she went after Nora, it's about time someone did that loves Clint and doesn't want to see him hurt. I wanted more.

You would think that Dorian would realize and have learned that when you get into bed with Mitch Laurence it NEVER ends on the good side.

I still have my doubts that Mitch is Rex's dad and that Roxy is his mother.

Loved the conversation between Charlie and Brody, would really like to see more of these two together. I miss Jared as much as Charlie does, LOL.

• Members

I hope there aren't anymore DNA switches on Rex's side. Another set of parents would be too much twisting of history. All so Rex can ride Viki's coattails? It's not worth it IMHO. Natalie used to reminisce about seeing Roxy bring baby Rex home and taking care of him. She's always been his big sister, a few years older than he. Viki has had too many children switched around by various HWs. Please, don't stick her with Rex too. Roxy raised him. It's bad enough Mitch ended up being Rex's dad after all the years of teasing Bo/Rex. Bo turning out to be David's dad was a big dud after teasing he was Asa's son. That did nothing for either character.

• Members

Remember, Ilene Kristen played Bo's love interest, scientist Georgina Whitman, way the hell back in the early '80's. If they wanted to, they could use that to explain Bo being Rex's dad. Otherwise, though, it'd be near-impossible.

As for David being Asa's, then Bo's, long-lost son...you know, perhaps it's just me, but I feel that b/c that twist was originally Dena Higley's, the show would just as soon forget it ever happened (but can't, so retro-writing to say he's Bo's is the only logical alternative).

• Members

I really enjoyed today's episode despite HATING certain parts, lol. I thought the writing and acting for the Charlie/Vicki stuff was awesome--I was expecting not to like this "yet another" alcoholism story but today really had me invested. I also liked all the Kyle/Fish/Roxie stuff (this despite the fact I still find OLTL particularly clumsy, even compared to lesser written soaps like AMC, at doing "recap dialogue"--Kyle asking about Rex who he has never even mentioned before, etc, all seems kinda odd). I like Sky, or did, but what I don't get is if the show is aware of how creepy his thing with Gigi comes off--it feels like as Rachel suggested, an addiction, their love scenes are needy, desperate and icky YET they seem to be shown as if we're meant to find them romantic. I HATE Shane, lol, but even I found the way his mom essentially got mad at him (when truth be told he behaved with far more control and respect than any kid in that situation repeatedly lied to by their parents should) just another reason to like Gigi less and less. And then her begging Sky to stay, ugh it's all so... Ugh.

Is Natalie wearing such conservative clothes because she's meantg to kinda be in mourning? I'm not digging it. Mitch I'm very meh about--to me it's startign to get old and I want a move on...

• Members

I love Roxie...."You're the gay son I never had"...LMAO...gotta love her!! But has she closely looked at Rex...he's gayier than Kyle....LOL.

Who was that cute morsal with Dorian?? He's a cutie and looked totally gay....heehee

Loved the being with Viki catching Dorian on the phone with Mitch..love those cliffhanger beginnings on soaps.

• Members

"Gayier!" Oh Ruxton, you do have a way with words lol. Yeah, seriously it took them this long to realize Roxie would make the ultimate fag hag?

I was thinking Dorian's assistant was adorable as well--at first I thought he may be a plant from Mitch, one of his followers, but then he seemed honestly surprised and clueless about the package... hrmm

• Members

:o:wub::lol: You have become my favorite poster of 2010 (though I could revoke this at any moment) already simply by this brilliant observation! So true!

To be fair Kyle's motivation was far less personal than Stacey, but yeah they DID address that but VERY quickly--had Roxie get mad at him for all of 5 minutes of screentime--it was all part of the great whitewashing of Kyle's character. I like the character and actor so much that I *almost* don't really mind, but... (I wonder if Kyle will ever bring back his secret stripper talents again?)

• Members

I think Higley might have come up with David being Asa's son, but Bo being the father was probably RC's idea. It fits with other RC stories, in that it's this "cute" idea which then, in the long run, goes nowhere, and is really just a quick way to resolve a storyline.

As for Rex, I hate his scenes with Bo, I'm sick of Bo being used to coddle and enable what a pathetic person Rex is. Bo has a hard enough time even being a good father to the children he already has.

They should just make Chi Chi La Rue Rex's father.

Archived