AMC: Speculation on return, just my theory...

Jack

• Members

With ATWT now canceled and AMC moving west and losing some big names in the process could it be possible that Cady McClain could be returning? She has been very vocal and positive about AMC in recent interviews and has not ruled out a return and seems open to returning. What made me think of this was a photo of Cady from the party they had for the show wrapping up in NYC. In the pictures Cady has a different hairstyle. From what I remember, when she returned to AMC the last time she had that blog about her return and happenings on the show. In the blog she mentioned that everytime she has a change in life or career change she changes her hair, its therapeutic of something like that for her. Well here is the picture of her from the party with a new hairstyle...bergman60345.jpg

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would be surprised if they brought Cady back, she's very outspoken and I felt like her last return was just a weak attempt to mollify the many people, fans and non-fans, who were outraged by the poison pancakes story.

I'd certainly like to see her again, she's one hell of an actress, and JR desperately needs a new drive, especially if David Canary doesn't stay around.

• Members

Someone mentioned once that killing Maureen on GL while she was still so overwhelmed with grief left the audience unable to move on. I think killing Dixie with her and Tad's daughter story still unresolved left many of us unable to move on. And that ghost story didn't help at all. It only made it worse.

So I'd welcome Dixie's return by someone who can write.

• Members

I am so not up for another Dixie BFTD storyline T_T, zzz! But I wouldn't be surprised!

Cady acknowledged Lorraine Broderick to Soap Digest in the last issue and said she would maybe come back with her writing the show.

I looked at those pictures on Daytime Confidential, and there was a picture of Lorraine Broderick. She was at the LA sendoff party to....you never know, LOL. I'm sure they talked.

• Members

Bottom line is AMC is going to need a new tentpole/core couple a la Joe and Ruth and Tad and Dixie serve that function. It is also the only couple in such a position with Tad involved that the audience will accept. Do it. Then give Cady the majority of story. She is a Maureen Bauer type, even if the character is potentially written more worldly and daring, and when they killed her it was like Maureen's death. There is no more trust there for the audience. Do it.

• Members

I would, too, KF. Unfortunately, AMC has already brought Dixie back from the dead once. I, for one, have a hard enough time when a villain on a soap does that. OTOH, if Cady McClain were interested in coming back, I'd be up for a long-lost twin story. I know, it's been done to death -- and at this point, even a simple-but-not-really explanation of, "Well, she just happens to look like Dixie" would be so much better -- but AMC desperately needs an actress of her age-range and caliber; and if written properly (HA!), it might McClain an opportunity to play someone other than "Saint Dixie" (a con artist, perhaps?) whom Tad comes to love and appreciate for her own qualities.

• Members

I hope Cady is returning as Dixie. It can easily be written that David faked Dixie's death just like he did Greenlee and Maria's. He loved Dixie and it makes sense that he would do that. This is the only plausible way IMHO to have Dixie be alive. I think Zach's father saying he did not murder Dixie was the start of Dixie being brought back from the dead.

• Members

Jesse and Angie could serve that function, too. ;-)

Ironically, although the Martins, Chandlers, Cortlandts and others have diminished, the Hubbards have actually flourished, something I never believed would happen (you know, with Jesse dead and all).

Archived