GH: December Discussion Thread

• Members

Pair her with someone who is right? She's been paired/tested with Dillon, Logan, Spinelli, Logan, Johnny, and now Dante. I have never seen an actress on a soap given so many chances at making a pairing work. Maybe the guy is not the issue. Being a good actress on a soap is not good enough. You have to be able to generate actual chemistry with your costars. IS who played Diego was a terrible actor but he had chemistry with every actor he shared scenes with. I don't think Vanessa Marcil was a good actress but I thought she had loads of charisma and clicked with everyone she worked with. She actually did have a good vibe with the actor who plays Ethan but we saw where that went.

She doesn't seem comforable doing romantic scenes nor does she do the longing, yearning, touching, and the looks that need to be exchanged to sell a pairing.

I guess she can be a supporting actress but even supporting actresses on soaps have romances. So not sure how that would work.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree that Lulu has had hardly any chemistry with all of the guys she's been paired with. I kind of liked her interaction with Milo early on, back when Milo/Spinelli/Dillion were pining early on. But that was more Milo than her, because I thought that he was cute with the way he was crushing on her. (Even though I don't like her character and didn't like all of those guys chasing after her).

Other than that I really haven't seen her have chemistry with anyone else. Even though the other young women who are on the show/have been on the show have had chemistry with different characters. Maxie has had chemistry with multiple people. Georgie was in a popular pairing with Dillion and I thought that Georgie and Diego had good chemistry together, before he became evil. Lulu however hasn't sparked with any of her love interests.

• Members

I liked Matt and Lulu together a lot, and I was hoping something would come of it...But they went with Dante. Probably just for the reason that it would semi-tie her into the mob, and everyone knows GH wants all their characters to be mob related somehow. I think they could but Matt and Lulu together, and have a good romance there. And maybe, at least for those two characters, we could actually have a storyling about the HOSPITAL for once.

Am I the only one here who misses the nurses ball???

• Members

That would have worked. They always seem to think Lulu needs to be an "epic" character. I don't know why. JMB is cold, does not connect with scene partners, struggles to connect to the material, and is extremely generic. There's no reason to expect greatness out of her, and even if you could, the writing is not there. The show has spent the past decade telling us the Spencers are worthless and were built on a lie, so why pass Lulu off as some heroine of the future? All it does is put huge expectations on her that she fails to deliver on year after year.

Casting an actor who looks so much older than her doesn't help.

• Members

Every fricking romance on GH has to be spent as a romance of the ages or it's no good. I liked Spixie when they were friends and when their quirks were not exemplified but played as quirks. But they went overboard and turned them into some ridiculous caricature rather than some fun lite short termed summer fling or whatever.

It's why I loved Lucky and Sam. They were never the romance of the ages type of pairing. But they were hot, sexy, and fun while they lasted. The show could have done more with them without having to make them all serious and dark. Their Mexico adventure was fun and a lot more lite stuff like that could have been loads of interest and injected some lightheartedness into such a dismal show.

Matt and Lulu could have been the same thing and I think Jason Cook like Greg Vaughan, has a certain charm and charisma about him. Good at light fare and what's wrong with that. Maybe they would have found that the characters actually balanced out well who knows.

I don't get GH's fascination with JMB or why they find her so grand. I think she's attractive and a decent actress but I don't think she's a soap actress. I'm not sure where she'd fit in but she certainly is not the epic heroine type they continue to try to sell her as. She actually might have been better as a schemer type who knows. She certainly doesn't convey the heart and vulerability GF's Laura did and her being like Luke just makes her appear more crass and tough not soft. Lindze Letherman to me could actually be both tough and vulnerable. I thought she was loads better than JMB. A much better contrast to Maxie if you ask me and she had chemistry with many on the cast.

Archived