GH: December Discussion Thread

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I didn't say her dialoge was bad but she like others have favorite characters and it comes through in the writing, even the dialogue. Just like Korte as a dialogue writer(when she does and did) favors Carly.

And Jax's rape don't remind me. I recall few of the soap writers actually laughing at GH viewers for being so appalled at how it was handled. WHo'd think viewers would be repelled seeing a couple characters on screen laughing about it.

• Members

In both cases, they both have to write from the directions they're given from a breakdwon, so they're essentially told the direction in which they have to write for each character.

While they may have favourite characters and request to write episodes where those characters are heavy in, they're still told how to write for each of the characters.

Do the Scrubs fans still think Michele hates their couple? :lol:

I think on GH the characterizations are consistent in the sense that no matter who writes the script, they all have to follow Guza's agenda for that character, though it's not the same on some other soaps.

Male rape is always played for laughs on soaps, look at what both Y&R and ATWT did with it, thanks Hogan Sheffer's nasty vision of soaps. He's no different than Guza.

• Members

On Night Shift II, Sri Rao dealt with Robin's HIV a little, but it was clear that GH had no intention of dealing with it when she was pregnant. Even before Robin became pregnant, Patrick was happily having sex with Leyla without getting tested, and then later on he never told Robin or Leyla that the condom broke when he was having sex with Robin. By not telling Robin, he also took away her decision to use the morning after pill to prevent the pregnancy. GH uses Robin's HIV is a convenient plot device. Guza and Phelps must consider HIV too serious to deal with in a meaningful way.

I would not waste my energy to write Guza. I don't believe for a second that he cares what any of the fans want. He does whatever he wants.

• Members

Yes, they do! LOL! Where have you been? Go to any soap board and you'll discover that Scrubs fans have this whole conspiracy theory going on where they think that Karen Harris loves the couple and that MVJ hates them. They attacked MVJ so much that she made her Twitter private. It is wacked out fanbase group think.

I'll add I rarely think that the dialogue is any good. I don't care who writes it. However, Guza's Franco dialogue is the worse of the worse.

• Members

All fanbases are insane. It is a terrible mindset and the fanbase indirectly is responsible for the bad behavior of its members (and almost all the members behave badly). If you and I are in the same fanbase and I say "You know, I really don't like Luke Spencer lately." and you feel the same and we are in some safe, sick, fanbase forum, you might feel entitled and comfortable to say "I hate Luke" and then now that I know I have a friend, I might respond with "I hate Tony Geary too!" and then you say something like "lets go to his twitter and tell him how much he sucks!" and off we go. If there was no fanbase these people would not be congregating, spreading the word about twitter accounts and inciting each other up with deranged conspiracy theories. Every fanbase is a horror show basically where every sentiment must be ratcheted up and topped.

• Members

They never show Nikolas as a father. He barely mentions him. And apparently Steven Webber came to take over temporarily upon Monica's request. Or so we found out during a scene between Steven and Rebecca last week.

I thought the show was ok but mostly because I am huge Chad Brannon fan and was happy to see him back even if the scene was only a minute or 2.

• Members

Jason and Sam are so ridiculous. Jason is always in love, but I can't believe that she could love him after how he treated her.

Liz is annoying. She is a lying liar. Nik's self-pity is pathetic.

Anyone know why GH fired Chad Brannon? It was good to see him.

• Members

Who knows. I loved Chad and was pissed as hell they fired him. But why did they fire SN, SD, BW, RiH, the list goes on. They let talented actors go and keep some they have I have zero clue. He had the last laugh. He won the emmy after he was off the show, went back to school, and does a ton of voiceover work, lots with Fox apparently. That scene today was all kinds of sparkly and I'll credit Chad for most of it. He sparked in a 1 minute scene.

• Members

I would disagree with the "of course" portion of your statement. The guy has no charisma, no screen presence, and consequently his talent is practically worthless. I don't even notice hs is gone and I hope he is faring better on B&B.

Chad B. has matured into a really handsome man. He looks much better with a proper haircut and suit, then when he did as the teen in the street clothes.

Archived