GH: December Discussion Thread

• Members

Punching Luke is the most useful thing that the Puffy Prince has done in months. I was hoping that he would do it again and again. I don't understand why Luke doesn't tell Lucky about Liz and Nikolas. It is like Luke likes having this secret that will destroy Lucky's life.

I am glad that the hospital got some airtime, but I really do not care about Lisa or her issues. I couldn't stop giggling over how short Scott Reeves is standing next to Jason Thompson. LOL!

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This way Luke gets to be the martyr. Oh, how could I tell you, I would destroy the lies you built up to avoid realizing what a failure you have been!!

It's like when he went to so much trouble to make sure Bobbie didn't know Carly was her daughter. He hurt Bobbie far more than if he'd just told her.

He does nothing but bring his family pain.

• Members

That would be hysterical. I miss Rebecca this week and her tirades against Liz. I expect we are probably done with that as Rebecca leaves next week. And I expect that's the extent of any "calling out" Liz gets.

Sonny and Borlivia are as disgusting and puke worthy as Niz are. EGads another stupid Sonny romance. I think I miss Claudia.

As for Nik, I hate both he and Luke so I would have been happy had they beat each other to death.

I see GH is back to their onshow advertising. Now they are pushing the movie "Nine" which opens on Christmas day.

And I wish I cared enough about Patrick at this point to care about he and Steven Webber. And Lisa is pointless. Of course the story is about the surgeons and lowly Robin gets to be Lisa's sounding board.

• Members

Yes she does. She has been great with Jason, Nikolas, Ric, Zander, Patrick.. anyone but Lucky. I do think Sharon on Y&R is a fun character. I actually hated her Ric pairing the most tho. I agree about GVLucky.

I love Nikolas. I dont think Liz made GVLucky sexless, the writers just didnt give them that... the few times they did they brought it. No it wasnt this dirty seedy passion of sex, but it wasnt sexless either. Nikolas brought Courtney and Emily down? WOW! First of all, i dont think anyone could ever bring those two lower than they were on their own, nevermind the fact all pairings for both sucked.

Maxie, Carly, and Sam were fun yes. Slutty whores who didnt give a damn, did what they wanted not caring about what their actions cause. I love all three. But i also love characters like Liz. I miss oldKate. I wish we could see Lainey more.

Robin cant be fun. Even at the GNO she was just a lesser version of her normal prude self.

Liz wasnt the cancer to GVLucky, the writing was. They obviously never really wanted him there and didnt care. he was a place hnolder til they got Saint JJ back. When Lucky and Sam took off the writers didnt like it and gave it the axe. If anything, without Liz GVLucky would have never even been on the show.

• Members

Hey we all have our preferences. Yours is clearly Liz and that's fine. While I think Becky is a decent(not great) actress I don't find her character that interesting. But we all have out faves and clearly I am in the minority with fans who seem to like the character for the most part. I do think her rape storyline back years ago was very well done and was well acted by both she and Jonathan. But the major turnoff for me was during Jason and Liz and how a good part of the canvas seemed to be used or sacrificed to try to sell it. Lucky and Sam I think took off partially because the audience just didn't buy them being demonized and sacrificed for some great love story that wasn't really great. I don't like characters not taking their lumps. It's what makes them rootable and probably why a good portion of the audience rebelled. If they allow her character to get outed and ostracized to an extent I think it would help the character more than anything but I have my doubts it will ever happen.

As for the character of Nikolas, same thing here. They tried to sell some big romance with Nik and Courtney by turning Jax into a demon. I believe that all backfired in Jax's favor also. And the character hasn't been remotely interesting IMO in years. Getting rid of Stefan from this show was the worst thing to happen to the character and a lot of folks actually predicted it would be in the long run. His loss removed a ton of story potential for the character. Plus I think the actor clearly has lost interest in the role in the past few years. I can't say I blame him as he's been written but I can because you get paid to do a job. But he is no diff than others like Steve Burton or Ingo who at times do the same things. I just find the actor and character overrated and the canvas would be at no loss if the character left.

IN terms of GV's Lucky, I don't think he'd have been off the show if Liz was not around but I do think he'd have been even less relevant than he was. My only gripe with that is if they felt GV was inadequate, then had almost 7 years to replace him which was the duration GV played the role.

Any show that finds Luke Spencer of more value to the canvas than Laura especially with the writing Luke has gotten these past years and feels Jason and Sonny are the moral compasses of the show, well I don't think I need to say more.

Of course just my opinions.

• Members

I'll never understand why GH didn't recast or write out Lucky if they were so unhappy with GV. Instead Guza systematically destroyed and misused Lucky over the years. The writing of Lucky since JJ's return has done a 180 outside of the Liz stuff. Lucky is smart, a computer wiz, and has Jason's respect.

• Members

I never knew Sarah said that but I knew she HATED the writing for Claudia. I don't blame RiH either. This is my problem with GH is the haves and have nots. It's probably why I detest characters like Jason, Liz, Nikolas, so much and like Alexis, Jax, and Lucky. Heck even Sonny at times has been called out and take his lumps. There is clearly a preference in writing based on the actor who plays the role and whether Guza likes them or should I say cares about them. Claudia was an anpmoly because I always felt Guza loved Sarah Brown but his vision for her character was certainly not fan appealing. I never understood why he made her Claudia responsible for Michael's shooting and then continued to write the character even worse and worse. He wrote her into a corner.

• Members

I am perplexed by how Guza wrote Sarah Brown who is reputed to be one of his favorite actresses. He wrote Claudia so badly and every time it looked like he was about to redeem her, he wrote her doing even worse things. Guza then turned around and fired Sarah Brown. In an interview with Michael Fairman, she admitted that she was told that the character was going to be written out. Guza is a bastard.

• Members

I don't care how the show sugar coated it or how it was pretty obvious she was fired. She was caught sending a tweet intended for one person that went out to everyone calling TPTB at GH hateful. AS soon as I heard that I knew it was not all roses. He's done this to so many other actors though. Billy Warlock on his last return signed a 3 year contract and was promised all sorts of story only for AJ to be demonized even more killed off within 6 months. Stephan Nichols the same. SN actually had some choice words for Guza at his last fan event afte he left. They had no plan for Natalia Livingston's return that was apparent from day 1. Sarah is a surprise because she was allegedly a fave of his. I suspect that changed when she started publicly dishing the writing asking fans to write and call in. I don't have a lot of sympathy for her though. In her almost 2 years she got a hefty paycheck and tons of screentime and ultimately landed a new gig at B&B which has been much better for her.

Archived