GH: December Discussion Thread

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought Michael was likeable when he was recast and I still think he is. I think his current behavior is to demonstrate that he is a product of his environment and highlight what a screwed up job Carly and Sonny did at raising him. Did anyone honestly expect him to be any different? Those two were horrible parents to the Chucky Doll and most of us commented on just how terrible he'd be as a teen. To give Carly some credit though, she is right in that he needs some major psychiatric help and now. The best thing she can do as a parent is to have him confess to the police and have him seek some therapy. Jason and Sonny are further destroying him by covering up what he did and refusing to get him help. Jason yelling at the boy seemed empty considering how he and Sonny both continue to be criminals, disrespect the police and ignore the law and thats excatly what they are teaching Michael by forcing him to cover up Claudia's death.

• Members

All I remember him doing from the time he woke up was berating any woman who got near him, throwing violent fits, and doing his usual thug worship.

He's the typical leading man for this show. We are supposed to feel sorry for him and see him as some long-suffering creature. I guess for now he's being written as even more sociopathic because that gives more story to Jason and Carly, but I think they may make him more like the Sonny in time. It's disgusting seeing Sonny doing his tired flirting with Olivia while his son is losing his mind.

• Members

I didn't know if Scott Reeves would still have "it" but he does. Sucks that Y&R killed Ryan off so he can never return. Loved his relationships with Nina, Victoria and Tricia. On GH he seemed to instantly fit in. Guza has no excuses for not using this to the hospitals advantage. He has chemistry with that group and Elizabeth so he should be set. Hurry and give him a contract and a proper story. I wish he was involved in Scrubs new story instead of this Lisa chick. Not in a romantic way, but I see sparks with Patrick. That's a relationship that needs to be explored.

As much as I hate Natalia Livingston and her version of Emily, I do love Rebecca. As a scheming, slightly bitchy character she works for me. I love her scenes with Edward as well and worry that without he we will never see the Quatermaines again. She's the last young blood in that family and I doubt they'll bring Dillion, Ned Brook Lyn or anyone else back. Such a shame they didn't marry Andrea and Edward off. I think that could've been cute and devious.

Jonathan Jackson is winning me over, he's cute. I would love to see him play a gay character. He seems to have more chemistry with the men in Port Charles than the women.

• Members

Isn't Jonathan Jackson a very conservative Christian?

I think Scott Reeves is doing well so far (I was not a fan of Ryan, but I put that on the character, who used women for money and sex and, until Tricia blew him away, never had one moment of payback), but I wonder if that's because he isn't a leading character. The leading men on GH always get pulled into the abyss.

• Members

I thought Steve Burton was really good in that scene with Michael last week. He was very realistic and he plays Jason as a great father figure. Fathers are supposed to lay down the law at times, and Jason as the parent is I think the best father on the show. Compare him to whiny nag Mac or indifferent Sonny, and I know who gets my vote for father of the year.

• Members

I wasn't really talking about what the characters did 10 years ago, I was just discussing Steve Burton's good work as an authority figure, and his version of being a good father is a lot more impressive than Mac the nagging mother or Sonny the uncle you see once a year. Lucky is pretty contemptible with the way he allows Liz to treat him as a doormat, and his kids would probably grow up to look at him as weak and pathetic. And I like Lucky! Sometimes you have to call it like you see it.

• Members

I have to make a comment on how much I detest the character of Elizabeth Webber. QFan highlighted something for me about how she treats Lucky as a doormat. But IMO she's treated every man she's been with the same way. Ric(even though he gets points for trying to smother her) and even Jason in some sense. And now while I hate the character of Nikolas, the same with him.

Archived