GH: December Discussion Thread

• Members

i so do not want to see that.

all they need to do is let her embrace it. have fun with it. and ditch lucky. lucky brings her down the way robin brings patrick down. robin and lucky are so blahhh and have no personality. they are played by dull monotone actors who cant add any depth or real emotion. when free from lucky Liz shines.

i would agree IF... GH ever did this to ANYONE but evil bad clawhore and if Lucky as a character mattered, at all.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Liz shines free from Lucky? She reminds be in a way of Sharon on Y&R who I'd never describe as fun. Have you watched her with Jason? And Nikolas? Talk about 3 dull characters. I guess it's a matter of perspective. I find all 3 about as interesting as a boox of rocks. I felt Ric was the only one she was with who interested me. And that was all RiH. Ric was an SOB but he could honestly do romantic with a little spark well. I loved he and Liz and loved he and Alexis. And GV's Lucky was light and fun, that allegedly is why people hated him so much as Lucky. He and Sam together were a breath of fresh air. And any interest a character has is quickly lost when they are paired. It's exactly what happened to the Kate character with Sonny. Any interest and fun her character had was sucked out after paired with him.

And you honestly think Nikolas is the one to make her fun? When in his run has Nikolas ever been a fun character. Talk about a dull monotone character. He's brought down every pairing he's been in. Every female he's been paired with has been I think it's the opposite. I think Liz brings Lucky down. Any character or actress who's able to make GV's Lucky sexless, well that's a gift. I thought Nikolas brought Emily and Courtney down. And Courtney was a character I detested but I thought with Jax early on she was fun and I enjoyed her with AJ. The fun characters on GH used to be Maxie, Carly was, and Sam was. TC's Nikolas, SBU's Jason, JJ's Lucky are the worst things to happen to any female on this show and I lump Liz in there because I think she was a cancer for GV's Lucky. Robin can be fun. I liked her at times when she was friends with Kelly, Lainey, the GNO with the 5 girls was fun. But I think she and Patrick are cancers for each other now and in reality now that she's a mother, forget it. Her fate is sealed on GH. She's been made into the moral center for this show.

• Members

having her embrace it would only make her look like even more of a pig and slut than she already is. Even if she breaks up with Lucky, I do not want to see her with Nik. That is just wrong on so many levels and has damaged Liz enough as it is. Theres nothing fun about what she's doing and I dont want to see her accept it as such bc it makes her a low down dirty whore. She needs to hit rock bottom, but she cant move on and be happy with Nik. I want to see her have true remorse for what she's done and actually work to improve herself. I want people to not coddle her but to call her out on her ish and treat her like they have Sam and Carly bc really Liz is no matter; she just puts up a better front

• Members

I don't see JF thumbing his nose at anything. He and BA were clearly channeling Abbott and Costello's "Who's on first?" bit, and comedy is BA's forte, so it all just flowed great. I really think if soaps were something he wanted to mock he would not be wasting his time. That makes no sense and would be something just petty and malicious.

BA to me is one of the best actors on the show, and the ease with which he and SB form a comedy duo is nice. He does good work also with Carolyn Hennesy when given the opportunity. He puts more effort into his character than anyone else on the show, and he just physically imbues into Spinelli this perpetual awkwardness and feeling of being uncomfortable. I love the way he exits a room that has Sonny in it, as if he is running as fast as possible so no one has to see his uncomfortableness.

Anyway, I think JF is doing great, and he too is one of the best actors on the show. He has instilled this slight hint of gay longing into Franco's fixation on Jason, and it really makes the scenes interesting.

• Members

Im not saying the affair is causing her to breakdown. I think a breakdown is causing the affair. It looks like she's been slowly falling apart for a while and she's only gotten progressively worse in the past few weeks. Her thing with Nik looks like some sick sexual addiction which I think theres more to. I think she needs to see a shrink bc to me, she's out her damn mind

• Members

What breakdown? What started this "affair" was supposedly the betrayal Nikolas suffered from the big bad Rebecca and Liz trying to help him. How this equates to a breakdown for her I don't know. Sharon's breakdown on Y&R made sense. Between Nick and her guilt over Brad and his death and Jack I got it. And her guilt manifested itself in her stealing and then having sex with Billy. If they try and whitewash this trashy behavior, it will be total BS.

• Members

I keep seeing this talk about Liz having a breakdown over this affair and lies. Why? Is there a spoiler to that effect? Or Liz fans hoping that this happens to make her more sympathetic? I know that Guza is giving her

to help her get away with the cheating.

ITA. There have been moments where Guza has allowed Robin just to be and she almost resembles who she was prior to this last return. However, for any given plot point, he changes her character. Not that she is alone in that one. Robin and Patrick have had their run. The marriage is almost a year old and they have been together off and on for almost 4 years. It is time for them to call it a day. Unfortunately, Guza won't let this happen. GH needs a new headwriter which definitely won't happen.

• Members

I don't want to sugarcoat it. I don't like Robin. I just don't like her anymore. And I loved her. Those FUN moments have been few and far between and I blame Guza for 90 percent of that.

But I blame KMc and JT for the other 10 percent. I was actually shocked to hear them talk about their contract renewals(sounds short term) as if they negotiated as a team. Maybe that's the only option either character has on the show. Personally, I think both characters have run their course as written. I don't think the show will break them up because KMc even acknowledged they won't invest in another love interest for Robin. So as much as people can say Patrick brings down Robin, I can honestly feel some sympathy for Patrick having the same done.

I think GH is a vehicle for KMc to earn money to support her writing objectives and that's it. For JT I have no clue what his objectives are. It's a paycheck so I guess that's sufficient

• Members

Liz will get sympathetic writing and at some point I suspect Nikolas will to. That's how this show runs. I'm not deluding myself into thinking anything else. They villianized Jax and Zander for Nikolas and Lucky and Sam for Liz and Jason. I'm just wondering what big bad Lucky will do to Liz this time.

• Members

The Nine is supposed to be promoted on all the ABC soaps.

I don't think that KMc and JT negotiated as a team or that their contracts are short term. TPTB probably spoke to them about their future stories which would be together. SBu and KMo were also told that their future stories would be together although they were negotiating separately. All these soap actors have financial reasons for staying with these shows. It isn't easy to give up a steady paycheck with you have financial obligations such as families to support and mortgages to pay.

As for Robin and Patrick, they can use a loooong break from each other. They need to be refreshed and have new love interests. Steven Lars would be prefect for Robin. Patrick can be with Lisa. Lucky and Maxie also need new love interests. I have been watching how repetitive and tedious Sam and Jason are as a couple although they were apart for more than a year. It is a mistake to keep reuniting couples when they have no more story or nothing new new can be written for them.

• Members

If they want me to like Nik, then there are worse ways than having him hit Luke. But he has to do that every day.

I don't know how they want people to feel about Nik. I know some people Nik and Liz are supposed to be the bad people in this story but I think we're supposed to empathize with Nik and his I love Liz...because...because I do, so I have to have her. This is the same stuff they use to push Sonny/Olivia.

Archived