GH: December Discussion Thread

• Members

TC is exactly like MB. They both ruin their love interests. I'm not a fan of NL, but I give her credit for today's snarky performance. She should have been written like this from the start, but Guza does nothing new or interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if we are seeing NL's true feelings about this stupid story. Of course, she is only a truth teller because she is on the way out. I hope she gets to rake Liz over the coals tomorrow and gets a last few stabs at the Puffy Prince before she leaves.

I expect people who are older to be wiser from their life experience. Lila indulging Jason in his mob activity and obnoxiousness towards his parents didn't make a lick of sense. Not once, did Lila ever tell Jason to stop it his mob activity, that it was wrong to steal his brother's child and t that he should treat his parents with respect. It was complete and total BS.

Of course, Robin telling Jason that he was making a mistake joining the mob and raising Michael in the mob was considered nagging and self-righteous judgment. Years later, Robin has been proven right as Carly and Jason don't know why Michael has become a sociopath. I'm glad those b!tches are suffering over the little monster that their selfishness has created. I only wish that Robin could get the opportunity to tell Carly and Jason, "I told you so."

They got it right about NL.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You know I am going to LMAO with NL if her next couple of weeks actually regenerates some interest in this story and she gets some really good material out of it. It's the same thing they did with Sarah Brown at the end. She was fabulous and they both collectively end up with Emmy nominations as a result. Not that it means much but I do think while I detested SBr's Claudia and her entire run, thought she overacted at times, I do think she singlehandly was the one who sold the whole Claudia storyline towards the end. I'll be interested to see the writing and storyline they have for NL for the next few weeks.

Which is why JJ's return IMO never had a darn thing to do with garnering back lapsed viewers and if it did, they've up and gone IMO, explaining the audience drop after Claudia;s death and aftermath was played out.

• Members

With the cancellation of ATWT, I was thinking about the Marland years when Emma Synder was the show's moral center. Her children had affairs with each other's significant others and did a host of wrong things. She loved them unconditionally and accepted them with all their flaws, but she never enabled or coddled them. She confronted them on their mistakes and encouraged them to do the right thing always. Her advice was considered wise and loving, not judgmental or self-righteous. GH never had this with Lila. Guza won't let GH have any kind of moral center.

• Members

I just don't see Rebecca sticking it to her?

I saw her do exactly what Sam did using her kids to make a point

coming over drunk this is a "redundant regurgitated storyline"

This is a cowardly way to handle this using kids....

Rebecca should sit at the adult table and deal with the man who wronged her

she got dumped and goes after Elizabeth in her house...

I'd be surprised if they even write Elizabeth snappy comebacks to their barbs

they rarely give her good dialog

Me? come after me is one thing but when you barge in

my house and deal with my kids its time for me to put my foot up your butt

will they write Elizabeth to do this via dialog or whatever...?

No

Frons won't allow it she' been getting crappy repetitive (dialog) storylines in poorly written triangles/quads for years.

LnL2 was designated to fix a tanking Nik/Rebecca storyline but Natalia is leaving so they again get thrown under the bus

Lucky and Elizabeth has always been the fix-A-Bitch couple.

Rebecca is a conartist who got played, dumped and now she's pissed

too bad so sad, good riddance. (I'm a Natalia fan but never liked how they brought her back instead of being Emily they concocted Chewbecca).

JaneA. I agree with your thought re: Sonny/Olivia, and Rebecca errr except I love Elizabeth Imogene Webber and have a website devoted to this character...but its ok I don't hate characters but there are some I loathe...

Prior to JJ's arrival GH was in the onesies for nearly a year,(with the exception of very few instances e.g., Spinelli / Maxi days (wedding), le carnivale where they gained over 300,000 viewers who promptly tuned back out) this isn't on JJ's watch.

I'm not saying he alone is responsible for the twosies they have managed to maintain lately but their #s were a crapfest prior to his arrival...Jason Morgan (days he aired) was getting 1.6, 1.7, 1.8 and 1.9's consistently so their ratings were in the crapper way before JJ's came back and seem to be doing a little better. I think viewers tune in to see an event eg Claudia death/Carnivale then tune right back out because of the writing they don't stick and stay...

IMO its the writing not characters.

jmo

• Members

There is nothing great about GH's numbers. There numbers were down over the summer as most soaps are. Shocking. The fact they've done a sweeps which managed a .1 or .2 at the most uptick to me does not ring success. They haven't done a Days who's uptick is commendable.

And LL2 getting thrown under the bus? Please. Liz(BH) has gottne preferred writing her last few years on this show. I don't see Liz being thrown under the bus. Never have. She's getting dreams and nonsense like that where she's seeing the worst that could happen which means none of it will. Liz again will coast as she did last go around.

Problem is I love certain characters and I want to see them suffer and get called out and not for 1 segement and forgotten like Lucky did with Liz last time.

Lucky Spencer with Greg is the only character I ever saw take his beatings, get called on it, lose everything, and be allowed to get redeemed. That's how it should be for all. Not just the few the show decides deserves it.

• Members

OMG Rebecca calling Liz out was awesome continued. Like Sarah Brown, just when they seem to find a groove for the character they go. She reminded me a lot of Sam during Jiz only better. Of course had she not been leaving, she probably never would have gotten this. How I would love for her to stick around and make the lives of Nik and Liz hell. Oh well. I'll enjoy her torturing them while she;s still around. Sadly I suspect she doesn't drop the bomb on Lucky before she leaves.

• Members

I have been thinking, perhaps the failure of the Franco story to attract viewers says more about Steve Burton than James Franco's popularity. All the posters and ads featured Burton prominently. GH clearly did not have permission to use James Franco's image on promotion materials other than the actual scenes. It is possible that lapsed GH fans were not interested in saying yet another predictable story featuring Jason. Burton is getting older and may be losing that sex appeal that attracted younger female fans.

• Members

There's been enought PR for this story in articles and mags regarding Franco's visit that again to me any viewers HE would attract would be watching. I will stand by the fact his fans don't and won't watch soaps. I think Sarah Bibel was right on with that one. And I don't think anything they have engaged him him on screen has been remotely interesting including the stuff with Maxie/KS.

But I do think there is something to what you said. The story is stupid, IMO Jason and Sonny have been played out for ages and maybe this is a real sign indicating that. This Franco story(personally penned by Guza) is terrible. The Sonny/Olivia/Dante nonsense is stupid and boring. Jax and Carly, Patrick and Robin? All the stories are duds. Even the LL2/Niz story was dying until they threw Rebecca in to stick it to poor Liz.

It's a sign to an extent. Sonny and jason are played out. Or at least by this writer. Get a new writer and let these characters evolve.

• Members

It was good to see Scott Reeves. He is older, but still quite handsome. I like Steven Lars already. He sided with Robin against the surgeons. He and Robin would be a good couple down the road.

I couldn't stop laughing when Jason yelled at Michael. Carly and Jason should have listened to Robin and the Qs when they warned them that they were ruining Michael's life by putting him with Sonny in the mob life.

I have reached my limit with Liz and her tears.

• Members

Totally agree with you Ann. I really enjoyed the scenes with Scott Reeves. I used to love him on Y&R and I hope he gets some heavy story, maybe one involving Patrick and his ex-girlfriend.

It was totally hilarious when Jason screamed out Michael, OMG, I wanted to see Jason punch Michael in the face so bad, that kid just irritates me anymore.

I have no sympathy for Liz, and I really hope Rebecca tells Lucky the truth before she's gone. Nikolas is just repulsive and I'm so over Liz playing damsel in distress. :rolleyes:

• Members

I think it's a combination of both with Franco and Jason. I don't believe James Franco is so popular that people would sit through horribly written, offensive, and very dated material, especially when it barely features him. And this story with Jason is so boring and amounts to endless repetitions of the same dialogue. Even what worked in Jason/Sam has been downplayed so they can sit around acting like idiots.

Steve Burton has not had sex appeal in over a decade. He sees himself as too good for sex appeal, so that's why the shirt stays on and the women are generally given less love than his gun. Even if he wanted to make the effort, the squinting and bloating takes away a lot of the appeal.

At times GH seems like a show you could only get horny over if you have a fixation on that marshmallow monster from Ghostbsuters.

• Members

I like Scott Reeves but if he's only on GH to be a Liz enabler and sounding board forget it. But if he actually gets some hospital time and story, I am all for it.

Jason is such a played out character. As is Sonny. I can't stand either of them or any of the characters that surround them at all. If Steve Burton really has any pull, he's let Guza write Jason out of the mob or maybe have him start getting some of his Quartermaine memories back. That could be a decent story - well it could be if it was written by someone other than Luza.

Archived