GH: December Discussion Thread

• Members

Nikolas and the man tears. :lol:

He's looking a lot like a doughier Brando in Last Tango in Paris. I hope Guza doesn't get any ideas.

Lulu seemed jealous that Lucky (the brother she hates) and Dante were palling around.

"Does Lucky have...chemistry with Dante? What's that? Cops are bad! This is wrong!"

Lulu will get confused, gun Dante and Lucky down, and Sonny and Jason will rescue her. Sulu, here we come.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was going to post at how well James Franco plays the Bad Soap Actor (!). But I have just seen JF advance towards Spinelli with a knife. Your back in my good graces, hot stuff!

SmugLu is so incredibly... smug. Way to torpedo your eight love interest in three years, girlfriend. Isn't it about time JMB start pursuing that Primetime career she's been threatening to do? Or should I blame Guza for my irrational hatred of ShrewLu?

pillsbury_doughboy.jpg=Image47382-vi.jpg

• Members

Cat, LOL! The Puffy Prince's twin, the Pillbury Dough Boy. He is so unattractive these days. Liz did't look any better in those scenes. They are horrific. I hope they get together and Lucky flees for the hills.

Franco and Jason are stupid. However, I cheered Franco on as he pulled that knife and walked towards Spinelli.

Lulu had potential. Unfortunately, Guza decided that she was the new Carly and Lulu was ruined.

• Members

I thought Bradford Anderson and JF had great chemistry (no, not that kind) in their scene together. I also think this is the first time I have used the term "chemistry" and Spinelli's portrayer in the same sentence.

• Members

The Spin Franco scene was hysterical!

Franco: Have you ever had your heart broken?

Spin: That is precisely why the Jackal is here.

Franco: Who is he?

Spin: Who?

Franco: This Jackal?

Spin: Oh, he is I.

Franco: Me.

Spin: You, too?

Franco: No, he is ME, not I. YOU.

Spin: Me?

Franco: You what?

Spin: Perhaps we should begin again.

The look on Spin's face when Franco said, Relax I wanted Maxie the same reason I want you. :lol:

33n9c0n.jpg

• Members

I want to know who at GH JMB has in her back pocket. She actually might be better on primetime. As a soap heroine, which is how they see her, she completely lacks any of the soapy qualities. She doesn't convey any of the sweetness or vulnerability to be convincing in that sense. But she also lacks the sexiness to be a vixen or bad girl. Which is why I don't think she belongs on a soap. I know they see her as sort of a grown up wild child as her mom was, but she may look like GF but she has NONE of her qualities on screen. I honestly wish they'd recast her. And I have never ever seen an actress or actor on any soap well aside from maybe EB on Y&R and MB on GH get so many chances with Love Interests and continue to bomb time and time again. It's not exactly that she and this Dante character have zero chem they just don't have it in the romantic sense.

I think the Franco stuff is a total waste primarily because it won't amount to anything changing. But I have to wonder if he's playing this villian over the top purposely, which is what I suspect versus bad acting.

As far as TC my dislike of him is well documented. HE continues to prove he's a bloated overrated actor who brings it on when HE chooses to. I don't think he and Becky have amazing chemistry, in fact despite the horrid scenes yesterday with them, I still think he stinks and while I am no Becky or Liz fan, she continues to give it her best. But you can't manufacture chemisty with a character so boring and devoid of personality. I can't believe this is the same character I used to enjoy years ago.

Same here. He's thumbing his nose in a way and it's a thing of beauty.

• Members

Yeah, he does, but then GH go and blow it with that shiteous dialogue they think is so clever. Spinelli starts stammering about "Stone-Cold" and "the Blonde One", "the Valkyrie", "the Unworthy one" and my personal peeve "MrCorinthosSir," and I just want to remove my eye with a fish-fork by the end of all that.

They've established Spin as The Geek. Time to get rid of that dialogue and just focus on Spinelli the guy. BA works best when he is just reacting, like when he found out about Maxie and Franco. Or when he sobered up about his hero Jason and just started calling him "Jason."

• Members

I think the only hope for Liz at this point is to write her having a breakdown. When I see her with Nikolas, she never looks happy. The girl is always crying and looking miserable. I dont see anything about this as love, jsut pure lust. Its as if she's trying to punish herself bc she doesnt feel worthy of Lucky. She's sabotaging her relationship and now her career bc its messing up at work. It doesnt seem as if she can handle the pressure of her life. They should write her having a full on mental breakdown complete with a trip to Shadybrooke bc thats the only way I can make sense of this asinine mess of a story

• Members

She's unhappy because she's supposedly torn between 2 men. You don't get it? Well yeah neither do I.

To me that's a copout. This is a character that never ever ever ever takes any hits for her misdeads. I don't want a breakdown I want her character to he outed and shunned and I want the whispers about her at the nurses station as she walks by. The only character allowed to call her out is leaving and we now have yet another person on canvas to pat her on the head and tell her she's not a terrible person, her brother. Her conversation with Robin made me completely ill. I want Lucky to be allowed for once in his life to no longer be her doormat and to rip her a new one and be allowed to rip her life to shreads as she did his when she lied to him and married him once before while not loving him.

• Members

And in soaps, zero romantic chemistry would equal a soap DEATH from which there is no return (i.e.: decapitation -- and an open casket).

Nail. HEAD with your comments about the astounding lack of vulnerability inherent in the character of Lulu. This is because they base Lulu entirely on Laura Wright's Carly who, as Marlena Delacroix's blog rightly pointed out, "typically plays Carly’s big emotional scenes with all the subtlety of a water buffalo with a nail in its hoof."

Sarah Brown's Carly was a vulnerable, vengeful and lonely young woman who fronted like a pro in order to better defend herself (and before the much Emmy-ballyhooed Carly, Another World laid down the prototype of this kind of character with Vicky Hudson. I am convinced Carly Benson would never have existed if Vicky Hudson had never been invented. The similarities between these two characters are too striking).

I love a confident, intelligent, feisty female as much as the next gal. But ShrewLu is none of these things. She is screechy, judgmental, entitled and unpleasant. She is so in love with how clever she thinks she is, that if she were ice-cream, she would lick herself to death. It is always hilarious to me that Maxie plays the bitchy fashionista insider when that part would fit Lulu, Miss Entitled herself, like a glove.

• Members

But see Sarah Brown never portrayed Carly as a good girl. She was the bad girl/vixen with vulerability. I don't think JMB could do Maxie either. She's not sexy in that sense and the vulerability still would be lacking. I just don't think the actress is capable of exuding it.

Archived