GH: December Discussion Thread

• Members

As long as the Cassadines remain in such a pathetic state I don't even know if bringing in new members of the family would help. The show keeps trying for edgy bad guys but it usually flops because their leading men are generally so bloated and unpleasant, there's no contrast.

I wish they'd brought Franco in to bump off various useless characters.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Eveyone assumed this Cassadine story whatever it was going to be was going to be great. Based on what? Alexis is a non factor, Nikolas is a pathetic whiner, Helena is a cartoon, and who else is there? I tend to agree. IMO they had their chance back when SN was brought back around the time the original Nikolas returned and they blew it. Without Stefan and Stephan Nichols, who I adored, it seems to me a waste.

And edgy bad guys? Look what happened with Sebastian Roche, a terrific actor and poorly conceived character and tenure on GH.

And I have a list of characters for Franco. Sadly it will never happen.

• Members

I think people hear "Cassadine return" or "Cassadine/Spencer rivalry" and that's it, it will automatically be seen as a success. Just like JJ's return was automatically going to usher in some great period, when all it's really done is spat on any trace of fondness fans had for L&L2, because now that the show doesn't hate Lucky, Liz has to pay the price to make him look better.

The Spencers and the Cassadines feuding with each other is like if Roseanne and Tom Arnold started trashing each other in the press. It was interesting, sort of...sometime in the 90s.

• Members

The Cassidine story has potential or at least seems interesting to me because it wouldn't involve the mob. I also was interested in the fact that there was supposed to be an African-American teenaged Cassidine brought on. Then you always have the potential for Alexis and her kids being involved. They're already developing a relationship between Molly and Nikolas and if a teen is brought on then the Cassidine story will automatically involve Kristina in some way.

Of course the story could be terrible and by the time it hits the air, who knows how it'll be. Still, I think I know enough to be interested. it's at least something different.

• Members

What is this Cassadine story supposed to be about? The last one was that horrible Stavros story which became ridiculous after awhile. There is a lot of nostalgia surrounding the Cassadines, but not being the mob doesn't seem like enough. There may be a stunt or two involved to bring in the ratings, then again how many times has this story been pushed back? Is it still on? You never know with Guza.

As for a black Cassadine, I'll believe that when I see it. Guza did talk about the re-establishment of the Wards being in its conception. If and when that happens, I'll believe that also. I wouldn't count on GH for diversity.

• Members

No one knows what this Cassadine story was supposed to be about . I never read anything about a black Cassadine. The actor they were planning on bringing in was yet another illegit child of Mikos(Stefan's father) who was supposed to be 10 times more evil than Stavros. And the last Cassadine story was ludicrous. It was conceived by Tony Geary to finally end the Spencer/Cassadine feud and he was livid at how the writers ended up butchering it. And I just don't see any kind of story or feud working without Stefan. IMO it was his departure that finally left the Cassadines and barren and uninteresting as they have become.

• Members

Do you still need these?

Producer – Mary O’Leary

Producer – Mercer Barrows

Producer – Michelle Henry

Consulting Producer – Robert Guza Jr.

Post Production Supervisor – Peter Fillmore

Leslie Charleson as Monica Quartermaine

Anthony Geary as Luke Spencer

John J. York as Mac Scorpio

Steve Burton as Jason Morgan

Maurice Benard as Sonny Corinthos

Ingo Rademacher as Jasper Jacks

Nancy Lee Grahn as Alexis Davis

Rebecca Herbst as Elizabeth Webber

Tyler Christopher as Nikolas Cassadine

Kelly Monaco as Sam McCall

Jane Elliot as Tracy Quartermaine

Kirsten Storms as Maxie Jones

John Ingle as Edward Quartermaine

Kimberly McCullough as Robin Scorpio

Laura Wright as Carly Jacks

Julie Berman as Lulu Spencer

Jason Thompson as Patrick Drake

Bradford Anderson as Damien Spinelli

Sonya Eddy as Epiphany Johnson

Brandon Barash as Johnny Zacchara

Jason Cook as Matt Hunter

Natalia Livington as Rebecca Shaw

Nathan Parsons as Ethan Lovett

Drew Garrett as Michael Corinthos

Dominic Zamprogna as Dominic Pirelli

Lexi Ainsworth as Kristina Corinthos-Davis

Lisa LoCicero as Olivia Falconeri

Jonathan Jackson as Lucky Spencer

Julie Mond as Lisa Niles

Edited by Denise Van Cleave

Associate Directors/Editors

Christine Magarian-Ucar

Penny Pengra

Denise Van Cleave

Peter Fillmore

R.C. Cates

Dave Macleod

Stage Managers

Craig McManus

Crystal Craft

Casting Director – Mark Teschner, C.S.A.

Associate Casting Director – Gwen Hillier

Production Designer – Chip Dox

Art Director – Daniel Proett

Assistant Art Directors

Jennifer Elliott

Andrew Evashchen

Costume Designer – Mary Iannelli

Assistant Costume Designers

Mona Alm

Jeff Hartman

Costume Supervisor – Nina Stoller

Lighting Directors

Tom Markle

Vincent Steib

Randy Merager

Production Associates

Lisa Kaseff

Christine Cooper

Assistant to the Executive Producer – Nneka Garland

Production Coordinators

Andrea Archer Compton

Samantha Barrows

Script Continuity – Megan Brandt

Script Coordinators

Jim Reitzel

Deborah Genovese

Writers Assistant – Nathan Fissel

Casting Coordinator – Regina Bunye

Media Relations – Mitchell Messinger

Vice President of West Coast Production – Joe Montrone

Production Manager - Vicki Davis

Production Administrator – Mags Hernandez

Vice President Broadcast operations & Engineering – Tony Cole

Executive Director, Production services – James A. Kussman

General Manager, Broadcast Facilities and Operations – Randy Hopper

Manager, Studio and Videotape Operations – Philip Angerhoffer

Technical Directors

Jim Ralston

Averill Perry

Property Masters

Robert K. Markham

Kyle Bell

Head Electricians

Ray Morales

Jason Seagrove

Head Carpenter

Mike Williams

Ray Bowman

Carl Hunter

Audio

Elyse Pecora

Nick Kleissas

Senior Video – Charles Barrett

Cameras

Dale Carlson

Craig Camou

DJ Diomedes

Dean Cosanella

Lew Friant

Boom Operators

Fred Fryrear

Sandy Masone

Chris Tyson

Head Utility – Stanley Magnone

Special Effects – John Linscott

Stunt Coordinator – Tim Davison

Acting Coach – John Homa

Costumers

Alice Volonino

Sara Jo Anderson

Juliannan Boles-Morrison

Barbara Dunn

Maki Chadahri

Melissa Santelli

Bethany Bohatila

Kate Lombardi

Make-Up

Donna Messina Armogida

Wendy Pennington-Holz

Bobbi Roberts

Dara Jaramillo

Angela Ackley

Melinda Osgood

Veronica Lorenz

Hair Stylist

Anzhela Adzhivan

Joann Onorio

Linda Osgood

Joe Matke

Jennifer Petrovich

Curran Crockett

On-Line Editor – David Gonzalez

Re-recording Mixers

Donald Smith

Nick Marcus

Cody Leach

Video Tape Recording – Auturio Hudson

Electronic Maintenance – Casimiro Ancheta

Business Manager – Helda Recio

Accounting Coordinator – Maricela Gavida

Transportation – Jim Krieger

Security

David Govea

Mina Gales

Original Music By

R.C. Cates

Dominic Messinger

Music Directors

R.C. Cates

Dave Macleod

Theme Music By

R.C. Cates

Dave Koz

Dominic Messinger

Jack Urbont

• Members

Yes I am familiar with their history when Elizabeth met Emily/Lucky also Sarah/Nikolas prior to the rape and also learned about the night she was raped. Lucky was talking about Nikolas w/Deanie/Sarah at Kellys instead of showing up to meet her at the V-dance. He felt guilt about that.

Elizabeth wanting to find the man that violated her, joining a support group & Lucky staying in her room/them running away he joined in her search; her recalling the smell of the spicy soap (Mr. Murty her teacher).

I also think I remember something about Elizabeth looking for info re: her parents on the Cassadine yacht during this time…

For me, this was a time when the Laura/Elizabeth being attacked were intricately woven in story…eg that Stefan told Nik about Laura's rape who in turned told Lucky who was told by his other brother. Lucky had some awesome POV dialog re: it w/Elizabeth he was unforgiving not understanding Laura marrying Luke.

Helena was hovering about re: Lucky's storyline. Nik's crush on Robin (he dumped Sarah). Nik at the beginning was mostly on the other side of the canvas (he and Lucky not getting along) dealing with the Stefan/Katherine murder (when Luke loosened the parapet railing w/a letter opener) meant for Helena. Stefan was arrested/Laura from No Carolina (returned to find out about Lucky incl Nik getting shot in the throat). Luke/Cassadine feud erupting...…

In October, NiKolas Emily/Lucky (Elizabeth when hovered in a corner) "Tom is gone." The Muskateers confront Tom together…he holds a gun on them. Nikolas offers to go to the bank to get money he can keep Lucky/Em/Eliz hostage.…Lucky grabs the gun he/Nikolas wrestle with Tom (Emily's blackmailer). Elizabeth points a gun at him. Emily talks her down. Elizabeth calls the police to pick up her rapist/Emily’s blackmailer. They reluctantly but firmly bonded during Emily’s photographs blackmailing storyline (Tom).

However by Nik's birthday in November they were speaking on (Murty) being caught and celebrating when Laura turned up with LesleyLu.

Frankly I don't think whenshe was raped and when Tom was caught by the Muskateers has anything to do with it. It was an arc that included several storylines within it (for me).

Therefore, the storyline was ongoing and merged w/Emily's. As said "This is the Muskateers" (for me).

My point is that Rebecca's presence was not needed in order for the scene to play; obviously meaning the scene could have been written differently.”I certainly know Elizabeth's response was to her mocking the musketeers. Her rape could have been brought up just as everything most often is in drama in reference to any response via dialog,

Eg...they were reminiscing about the past, discussing Emily it could have been mentioned if that is what the writers wanted to do it ain't that deep for me its called "script writing." I write (fan) fiction and I (orchestrate on my storyboard) whatever I want to happen, happen.

Had she not been there it would have been a more warm fuzzy scene “more sympathetic with a more positive focus for Elizabeth” and I have to believe the writers “know this since they are in the throes of trashing her unmercifully. The scene could have played very well “for me” without her. This is my opinion as an Elizabeth fan and that’s it. I don’t argue over a TV shows especially one I barely watch…as for 2006-2007; I don't recall how this was brought into my response because I don't give a flying flip about Jason with Sam so I try hard not to discuss her with those that do.

Elizabeth may have looked golden for you but not for me and many of her fans that I post with on our network.

I don't share your opinion re: the Muskateers being a fan of “friendships.” That's why this show has lost my interest for the most part. They have dropped mostly everything meaningful to many long time viewers (I post with) and GH has been gutted to a mere shell. They have friendships why not the Muskateers what difference does it make. So we respectfully agree to disagree, no biggie, its just a soap opera for me...and not a very good one.

Happy New year…

• Members

Ric is ten times the dramatic actor Burton or Bernard ever were. Emphasis on the past tense, they have lost any decent ability to carry a scene. Burton at least has flickers of emotion every now and then.

It was so great to see Emily Natalia go off in the sunset with Zander Alex. It was retribution for them killing of Zander and destorying his relationship with Emily at the end. It almost seemed like the show acknowledged there mistake and righted it in a way. Zander/Emily were amazing and it's sad that they were destroyed for Nem.

I completely agree. Jason and Liz were painted as patron saints during 2007.

I think they could probably get away with it had JJ not been in the role of Lucky. GV had a vibe about him that didn't illicit a lot of sympathy. JJ however pretty much just oozes sensitivity and he is being a complete prince to her. Not to mention the viewer loyalty that people have for JJ since he came in 93'.

• Members

Hey I think we agree about a lot but the point of the story in the scene was not to revisit history regarding Emily but was for a specific reason. The reaction in the scene told me that - that was the reaction by all parties. I think the only point I was making was that it was used to elicit sympathy. All the self loathing and fantasies have been an attempt also.

For me the muskateers died long ago, and became dead and buried when Emily was killed off. Lucky and Emily will always be my 2 faves of the group because they were first, first friends, the first crush Emily had was on Lucky not Nikolas(yet another piece of history re-written). My favorite friendship was Emily and Lucky.

And hey we can all agree to disagree. I don't want to make this a war of anything. I hate how GH has been gutted. O hate how they've decimated the Quartermaines, I don't like the Spencers aside from Lucky, I'm no longer a Scorpio fan seeing how Robin's been written the past few years. I think if you don't like the friendship of Carly and Jason and the Corinthos family and extended family on GH you are SOL.

• Members

This I agree with and Nikolas again proves to be a character killer. I adore Natalia, disliked Rebecca until she finally started sharing scenes and story away from him. Then she suddenly became an interesting character. I never liked Nem and always felt Chad was probably one of the finest actors on the show. Everyone shined around him. That short 1 minutes scene with he and Natalia was awesome and most of it was due to Chad. And a nice nod to Zem fans with the "eyes" comment at the end.

• Members

I actually didn't get the point of bringing Chad back for that cameo. I find it hard to believe that it was acknowledging that GH made a mistake ruining Zander and Emily and firing Chad. It must have been a flight of fancy because Guza isn't particularly introspective.

I think that under Guza, Nikolas has become as much as romance killer as Sonny. I'll give Sonny props for at least being charming and in decent shape. Nikolas always looks bored, lacks charm, and is bloated.

• Members

It was a pointless scene that I still loved. He sold a 1 minute scene like he was coming on as a major character. Of course I'm a huge Chad fan so I'm biased. I don't think it had a thing to do with acknowledging they screwed up killing off Zander. It was just a nice nod to a couple that was pretty well liked. That's it. And maybe letting Natalia leave with some dignity after months of working in a terrible story, playing an awful character, and having to work with the most lackluster, overrated actor on the show. (yeah I still resent he's still around yet Chad is gone). And the comparison to Sonny I agree with. Every single actress he's worked with, the character is off the show. Same with Sonny aside from Carly. People can say what they want about Steve Burton, but all his pairings for the most part stayed on the show and were allowed to move on after they split with Jason. Robin left but did return but Courtney and Liz are still around. Sonny nope, Nikolas nope.

They brought back Natalia because they realized it was a mistake killing off Emily but as usual, Guza fecked it up thinking it was the actress not the actress playing the character. He did the exact same thing with Sarah Brown and she sucked up even more story and screentime. Of course it didn't work with Tony Geary and Bill Eckert so of course Guza could make both situations work. Moron.

• Members

I admit I loved the Sonny/Olivia/Dante scene in Wednesday's show. I thought it showed a much lighter side of Sonny and it will be interesting to see how Dante changes the game when Sonny finds out Dante is his son AND that he is working for the feds.

GH is far from perfect, but I give major props to the breakdown/scriptwriters who at least try to give us lighthearted moments.

Archived