GH: December Discussion Thread

• Members

The dinner reminded me of how Sonny used to be under the Labines when we used to see his kitchen. He would cook Italian food and have Robin, Stone, Brenda and later on Mike and Jason over for dinner. He wasn't always this horror that he has become. Sonny was a character with tons of potential which Guza has completely squandered. After reading Claire Labine's interviews, I am no longer sure that she would have done any better, but we will never know.

You should be giving props to Guza not the breakdown/scriptwriters. He has always tried to put lighthearted and comedic moments into the show which have succeeded to varying degrees. It is Spinelli's sole reason for existing after all. The karoake episodes which I despise are also attempts to add some fun. Guza has definitely tried to do some family bonding with Molly and Morgan helping lighten the atmosphere at that their homes. None of it effects the darkness that underlies the main characters or the dark set lighting, imo.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They've tried to lighten Sonny up over the years and it really has not been successful. THe romance with Kate I think was an attempt but I think GH makes the mistake of isolating characters. I never enjoyed them. The endless discussions of Bensonhurst bored me to tears.

Sonny's best years will always be the Labine years and to this day my favorite relationship for him was not Carly, Brenda, Jason, it was Stone. His illness really allowed us to see that relationship explored even more while Sonny was portrayed as he always should have been, a putrid criminal, but his relationship with Stone saw those barriers come down at times. Sonny and Stone were more like brothers than IMO he and Jason will ever be. And by the time Jason entered the picture, the show already started sanctifying Sonny and demonizing the Quartermaines.

• Members
Well, you do have a point.

I always thought it was his Associates, Breakdown, and Scriptwriters who came up with the more lighter moments of the show to fill and counter all of Guza's disgusting violence.

And Spinelli is about as lighthearted as a root canal. I'm hoping for a bullet to that kid's brain during February Sweeps.

• Members

I think that Guza has a tight control over every story on GH. MVJ, KH, and the other writers say all the time that Guza tells them what to put in the episodes and they flesh it out with dialogue. These lighter moments always seem deliberated orchestrated. Look at Robin wearing that pink alien outfit to seduce Patrick. Also, the Sonny/Olivia/Dante dinner was obviously a set up for Dante to bond with his father as Olivia and Sonny relived their past. The Spinelli/Maxie relationship is deliberately keep lighthearted. Guza even said that Maxie's infidelity will effect them for a long time to come in a comedic way. The actors also say that they are directed to act a certain way in scenes. Everything on GH good and bad is all Guza.

I am ticked off that Maxie cheating hasn't ruined her relationship with Spinelli. It really annoys me that the couples on GH are stuck together with super glue. I don't like any of them.

• Members

Punch him again, Johnny. No words for how much I enjoyed that moment.

I hope that rare love scene means that Robin and Patrick are splitsville soon. JT and KMc looked awkward kissing in those scenes. I think that they forgot how or decided to try Liz and Nikolas' smash mouth munching kissing technique. LOL!

Not sure what I think about this Alexis and Mac hook up, but it brings some humor.

• Members

When did the show start doing Mac and Alexis? Did this come out of nowhere, or have they been tesitng them for a while? It almost feels as if the show is putting them together simply bc neither has anything to do

Did Jax and Carly get a new house? Ive been meaning to ask this, but the house kinda looks different from what I remember it to be before

Why was Sonny on a date with Lisa? When did that happen? He owns that restaurant and Olivia works there?

• Members

Mac and Alexis started on Thanksgiving with Robin, Kristina, Molly and Sam setting them up. Guza said that it was Frons' idea so they can better use legacy characters.

Jax and Carly built this new house and moved in a few months ago. I'm not fond of the set. It looks sterile, like a model home, not a cozy home with kids.

The Sonny/Lisa date was spontaneous and happened only yesterday. Sonny told Lisa that the restaurant was closed and was only for certain type of clientele. She flirted with him and convinced him to make dinner for her thinking he was the restaurant manager. They were having dinner when Olivia came in to meet Johnny and got all jealous because Sonny was fixated on her vayjayjay.

• Members

I would enjoy JJ as Lucky, if Lucky wasn't now a completely corrupt cop who supports the mob and their family. Lucky didn't arrest Michael for drinking and driving. He just took him home. No wonder Michael doesn't give a rat's ass and never does the right thing.

• Members

That was how I first looked at it, but idk. I mean I really like that they are trying to make Lucky even semi-human again. Greg Vaughan was a good actor, but during his time on the show, they completely ruined his character. He became a whiney jerk, and all he did was use his authority inappropriately to hate on Jason, simply because he was jealous that Jason got a babe with Liz..

Now, at least they are trying to humanize him. Having him bring up things from his past (pre-cop), and finally giving people a reason to remember that lucky wasn't always the douche he has been since 2003/2004 until 2009. I think that part of the reason that they brought JJ back was so that fans could actually like Lucky. The writing for Lucky was SO awful for SOOO long, that I think if they tried to re-do Lucky while Greg was playing him, it would have been unsuccesful.

I was disappointed in Lucky as a COP for not arresting Michael, but it also made me feel like maybe the real Lucky was coming back. I like that he has had scenes with Carly a lot lately, because honestly with the exception of Michaels funeral (when they thought her was dead) a few years ago, I cant think of any other Carly/Lucky scenes. I am however, glad that Lucky is starting to interact with family and things like that. His scenes the other day with Luke, and today when he was talking about how he acted out against Luke (an obvious refference to when he found out that Luke raped Laura), really showed why Lucky had become such a beloved character.

I personally hate the new Michael, so I was rooting for jail time! HAHA

• Members

I'm not buying this new Lucky that JJ is playing. He is completely different that the Lucky that existed when JJ left. Guza is completely rewriting the character of Lucky. Lucky didn't go around sticking his nose in other people's business and lecturing them. The Spencers and Carly never gave a damn about each other. But, whatever. Let Lucky be GH's new immoral center. Robin can do with the rest.

Archived