Y&R: TV GUIDE Interview With Michael Muhney(Adam)

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I found this interesting. You'd think Miss Nellie would press Muhney for more info on this...

TVG: What did you think when Y&R chose not to air a single kiss between Rafe and Adam?

MM: To be honest, I didn’t think anything of it. I wasn’t happy nor was I disappointed by that decision. I understood their thinking. Hey, I just come into work and do my job. Having said that, let me tell you, if the kiss was written into the script, I would completely embrace it with open arms. I’m an actor. That’s what I do — act. I would’ve gone the distance. As I always have and always will.

So, was the kiss originally in the script and then pink paged? Was it pitched in the writing room? Or did the show not plan to make this at all authentic, like we've already speculated? They just wanted more shock value?!

I think this is the first time someone has come out and said anything in regards to the way that Brokeback Mountain Poster(courtesy of JPI) was made.

• Members

The obvious follow up question was "what was their thinking?" I don't believe that Y&R ever intended to air any kisses between Rafe and Adam. Y&R had multiple opportunities to do so after MM took over the role and never did. Even if Y&R did not want to have a gay kiss with Adam. They could have established Rafe and in time give him a romantic relationship. They did nothing with Phillip romantically. I'll always believe that TB was Branco's source about the gay kiss and gay relationships that were supposedly coming. I can believe that MAB made TB all sorts of promises that he shared with Branco.

• Members

Why is everyone still on this Engen stuff? Chris was displeased with the awful direction his character had taken and he decided to leave after being upset for a long time (obviously he couldn't handle it), and of course everyone thought it was "the kiss that never happened."

It was bad writing which ended his tenure and sadly brought us the replacement.

• Members

"TVG: Some viewers wondered if Y&R was making a statement by having Adam immediately take a shower after he had sex with Rafe."

What's he getting at here? It's not unusual for a man or woman gay or straight to take a shower after sex, especially when they've just "cheated" on their girlfriend/boyfriend.

"Mancation"

Why Lord... :rolleyes:

• Members

I know a lot of people don't agree with CE's decision, and yes, hindsight can be 20/20, but I think it's pretty petty and disingenuous to start picking apart his portrayal now, when you know that if he was still in the role, he'd be neater than hard salami in NB's book, praised for his bold, brave, Emmy-worthy performance.

• Members

:lol::lol::lol:

The thing about Muhney, is I have never critcized him lightly. Because of the way Engen left, I really WANTED to like Muhney. But him talking about watching Engen's performances, and then comments like this:

There was his biggest mistake. The moment he signed his contract, he needed NOT to start TIVO-ing the show, he need to REVIEW plenty of Engen's footage before even going before the cameras. When you originate a role, you don't have to deal with that. But when replacing another actor, especially one that brought a specific quality to a role, you don't just go in there and "Make it your own" right off the bat. You do like Walton did, and IMITATE the previous actor as closely as possible, and then bring in your own spin to the role over MONTHS.

Archived