Y&R: TV GUIDE Interview With Michael Muhney(Adam)

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I figured the refusing to kiss a guy thing was just bs from the PR people and nothing to do with what was intended to be aired by the old farts in control of the Y&R. They just wanted to tarnish CE so that the audience would be against him and welcome in MM who is going to kiss their asses and tell them that the sh!t they write is brilliant when it is anything but.

He is just not working as a recast and there really is no long term future left for this character. Hopefully both Adam and his portrayer will be gone before May.

• Members

MM has somewhat of an internet presence, right? Because, to me, the underlined portion could easily be translated to this:

"You know all them gay fans Engen alienated? They're ALL MINE now, baby! They fuckin' LOVE me, and I know EXACTLY what they want to hear, dude! I'm givin' it to 'em RAW, man."

• Members

alpha, I totally agree that a recast should smoothly transition, borrowing from his or her predecessor at first and gradually finding his or her own feet in the role. They praised TSJ for doing this as Todd, giving just enough hints of RH to make it all work. It's not the same things as mimicking, and it shouldn't be looked down upon as that. It's like playing an historical figure, there's no shame in taking on their mannerisms, and on a soap, you'll have the time and luxury to come into your own. Kind of reminds me of what folks are talking about in the Claire Labine thread, writers writing for themselves vs. the audience, and I think a recast definitely needs to tailor their characterization for the audience at first, which is ultimately for THEMSELVES if they want to be not only accepted, but embraced by the fans, and not canned after their first 13-week cycle. I'm not even a huge Y&R watcher, by MM seems SO different, almost too physically/mentally/emotionally mature for Adam. I think he's a good actor, but he seems more like an older brother for J.T. or something. Not sure that he could handle the material, but the guy playing Coop seems more the type.

• Members

I didn't believe what TIIC said about CE. It just came off as another of those DS & AL thing. Put out negative things & see what would stick.

What I don't like what he said & probably another stab at CE. He said he doesn't question nothing. He just go with the flow. I'm glad CE question where his character was going & how it was going to end on a positive note for his character.

Archived