Forbes March interview with NB

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hmmn...I'm sure that's his point of view, but the current Nuke story is the same as all the others---a new writer coming in didn't "change" anything, IMO. I'm not sure what to make of the critcism that OLTL is more "passionate", while ATWT is more "professional". I doubt that means we don't have "fun" on our set...and he might have a different view if he'd had a wider set of people to work with.

Oh...and since when is Mason an "indie film maker"?? He's a freakin' professor...indie film making isn't his day job.

• Members

I took "passionate" as meaning, "Wow, these people don't hate each other." There has been a lot of tension on the OLTL set over the years.

You're right that he's a professor, which is why the idea of him wearing guyliner and an Adam Lambert getup confuses me. I also agree that JP really didn't do a great job with writing the gay stories, but I guess he wasn't there to see her other stories.

• Members

FM has always hinted that there was a lot of tension behind the scenes at OLTL. He was bitter that he was fired and felt that he was pushed out in favor of Brotherton. Interestingly, FM implied that Brotherton's turn would come to get shoved out given the situation at OLTL and it has indeed.

• Members

The most exciting thing in the interview is that he's going to be on the Degrassi TV-movie. Oh no, another romantic foil for Jane? She's already cheating on Spinner with Declan. Aaaah, spoiler!

The "Kreizman in, Passanante out" comment in passing isn't really confirmation that that's what's happened. I don't think a recurring actor would really know something like that for sure. He could also have just meant that Kreizman was set to take over the writing for certain characters, not for the whole show. I am happy that by most accounts, David Kreizman (who I like) has a great deal of influence at ATWT though!

His comments about his final few weeks have me all excited about where the Nuke story is going in November. Van Hansis has also hinted something about that in prior interviews, and said that Jake Silbermann will be doing some of the best work he's ever done.

From the way it was being previewed, there was never really supposed to be a Luke/Noah/Mason triangle -- so I don't understand why March, and Nelson, seem disappointed that it didn't happen. There was never going to be a sustainable romance between a professor and his student, come on.

Passanante has done okay on the gay stories, especially the initial coming-out ... As March said, there is polarization in the reaction to Nuke that has made P&G nervous, so we'll never really know what Goutman and Passanante would have done without that. I am still proud of P&G for Nuke (and Otalia) though -- oh whoopie, OLTL gets a bunch of credit from Nelson, but it has only been a few months of "Kish", and Luke is a member of a core family. Luke's coming out story started in late 2005 and unlike even Bianca on AMC, Luke hasn't been in and out of the show. I really doubt Kyle and Fish will still be there in 2013, if OLTL is still around.

I'm cool with Nuke and Mason not being stereotypically gay ... Mason is a little boring, but it's not because they didn't give him outrageous OTT costuming or dialogue, or the writing of the story, I just think March could have brought more energy and passion to the performance. His comment about ATWT being "professional" where dialogue is said "verbatim" and people go home probably applies to himself at ATWT more than it does to the set as a whole, although I do think he might be on to something. I did write myself in the ATWT October discussion thread that Monday's episode, despite being so important, and despite being something I enjoyed, felt curiously like some veteran actors weren't giving their all.

• Members

You make some good points. ATWT has fallen down on the job with Nuke, but still, ABC has never allowed any male core characters to be gay (I won't count Lucas, since he vanished immediately afterwards). Even if fans accept Kish, ABC has set it up to where they could both disappear tomorrow.

• Members

I love Forbes but this is yet another interview that could've been decent ruined by Branco's leg-humping and agenda-pushing.

The natural follow up to that statement is "Why?" Even a high school journalism student knows that.

Regardless, FM seems like a smart guy. He obviously knew who he was dealing with.

• Members

He obviously doesn't know ATWT has a habit of "selling" a story to the actors one way, and not delivering. I know Paul Leyden was disappointed in his last return which was spun to him more as a character driven piece than the jewel-stealing, Katie revenge plot it wound up as. Does anyone really think Cady would have returned the last time if the Quad from Hell plot had been explained to her the way it played out? LOL...I doubt FM ever read the summer spoilers insisting "this is not a triangle".

• Members

Oh good lord this interview, they are really overestimating the popularity of Nash. If he was so damn popular it wouldn't have been so easy to kill him off. The initial aftermath of his death was some of the best story on OLTL in years. Killing him was a good decision.

And Branco is such an obnoxious interviewer.

Branco: I always hated that story!

Actor: I liked that story.

Branco: As I was saying I always liked that story!

Archived