Y&R: Eric Braeden update

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As I have been saying...not surprised (but hoping I will be). I have become desensitized to the moaning, whining and groaning. The fact is MAB & Co. want CBS to stay out of telling them what to do. If you want that then you have got to put out a better product. I certainly wouldn't pay top dollar for a product that has lost its quality. Sure hope all the other actors are moonlighting....A LOT!!

This smells as if it is coming from way way higher up in the Sony organization..and I mean HIGH!!! (the Japanese are a very serious lot :lol: )

• Members

ITA, I don't remember what thread I posted it in, but I was saying how they've built this show around Victor and his absense will suddenly take a huge chunk out of several characters' lives. Not just the loss of his presence as a father, a spouse, an enemy, but the fact that the *motivations* of these characters have become so Victorcentric. Who ARE these people minus Victor? About 50% of what they were when he was around, that's for sure. And you can't go on writing characters living for a ghost either. If Victor dies, I fully expect that he'll continue to drive story just like another famous soap Victor, Victor Lord over at One Life. That man had better storylines dead than living.

• Members

I agree with you...it's not about the money. And I do think they want him to leave (he eats up a lot of budget). And the fact is even though Victor is still popular he is not as popular as before no matter how many magazine covers he sells. We Europeans are a tough lot to deal with though!! :lol: If I was in his shoes I would have already told them to kiss my ****.

I guess the problem I have with all of this if he is indeed gone, is most of the younger actors on this show have the onscreen presence and charisma of a half-dead slug. This show is going to have to do a lot of promoting to fill the hole..translation....more STUNTS & PLOTS!! :rolleyes:

• Members

Not that I trust these writers,but Victor's absence(dare I say death)could be a springboard to finally move characters in a new direction.

The Victor propping has gone on for years and drained the show.

Nikki and the children would have to move on and Jack's feud would finally be over.

As for the show falling apart,doom merchants were saying the same about Days when Deidre Hall left,and the show is actually doing better story and ratings wise.

People,it all comes down to the writing-which we viewers have no control over-so we'll just have to watch how it all unfolds.

• Members

Well said. :) I am such a big Victor & Nikki fan but damn I am so tired of the reunions and this one is as rushed as could be and I was having a hard time getting into it. I did say that they needed to both go on vacation but not like this ROFL!! :lol: And Nikki can certainly survive without Victor.

Archived