Y&R: Eric Braeden update

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I had a feeling he was going to walk. I do have some mixed feelings about this, but I won't miss him.

I must say, if that casting call for "Tucker" isn't a Victor recast I hope to god he is played by a really strong actor and is involved with Jill. I know a lot of characters revolve around Victor Newman, but up until the early 90s this show revolved around Jill and it needs to revolve around her again. I'm so sick of the Newman's with the exception of Nikki and for some reason Victoria is starting to grow on me again. I have always detested Nick!

• Members

I'm wishing that Eric Braeden will reach some sort of deal with Sony/CBS. Otherwise, watch Y&R decline the same way The Price is Right did after Bob Barker left. I hope come February 2010 that Eric and his fans will be celebrating his 30th year on Y&R.

• Members

That's what I'm hoping. Her history is so rich and strong. I don't think there are many other characters who can fill the void that will be created once EB leaves. IMO, if they reinvest in Jill and bring her to the center orbit of Y&R and I don't know, maybe get Billy, Ashley and Jack really, really invested in Jabot they could come up with with a real corporate story for once and have Jabot try to take over Newman. NE stock prices could really fall if Victor Newman dies, making it a prime candidate for a hostile takeover. They could also develop the relationship between Victoria, Nicholas and Adam in the process.

I think it's all 50/50 right about now. The writers could really shock us and have a trump card up their sleeve and come up with some really good story with EB gone. Or, they can just disappoint us even more and destroy what's left of Y&R.

• Members

Braeden has a lot of issues but he's right about the callous way TPTB are treating the vets.

In the past 6 months alone TPTB had high profile issues with Jess, Mel Scott, Kristoff & Braeden himself.

Budget problems are one thing.

Treating vets badly is another.

• Members

Most likely I think Nikki and Jill are gone whether EB stays or not :(

DeeDee, the whole burned alive story -- I can see that for Gloria too. Except I guess they would actually burn poor Jill alive. Gloria would do a knockoff Barbara Ryan. With added dramatic irony that she once burned Abby!

Can you imagine Abby being burned now?

"Ow. That, like, hurt."

• Members

I wish EB the best, but everybody knew it was coming down after all the other major negotiations with JW and MTS. The problem with a show that is not only stacked with a lot of vets, but "star-type" vets, is that budget cuts have to be made. Y&R has really been immune to being taken over by newbies. The show's renewal was based on budget cuts and others have taken then hit. TGVN is not the be all end all of Y&R. After dropping it before Labor Day, I caught part of Tuesday and the last half of Friday and the show wasn't half bad. (I realized that it's because they have such a strong group of actors and characters.) We'll have to see if the ratings take a nosedive. They didn't when MTS was off canvas -- they may be able to weather this storm with the right stories. Oh, and tell me that JW, didn't suffer the brunt of the botched P3. (I wish they would just undo that one -- and make him dead again.)

Archived