Y&R: Eric Braeden update

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Bradley should have killed Felicia years ago since they can't think up a storyline for her. Lesli has gone back to ATWT's she's so bored. Susan has wanted to retire for the last 6 years or so but they won't let her because they think they can't survive without her. If Eric went over, I think enough viewers would pick up B&B to minimize the loss of Susan. Bradley Bell picked up Don Diamond and Eileen Davidson so another competing soap couldn't pick them up. I could just see AMC finding the cash now that they are moving to LA to hire EB to pair up with Erica and put him in direct competition with the B&B. Although I never watched Y&R for Victor, on the EW comments it looks like a significant number of viewers do watch for Victor and a planning to quit watching on November 2nd.

• Members

Exactly. Felicia is so unbelievably useless these days I could cry.

That's true about Davidson, but Diamont's hiring was actually an idea Winsor Harmon pitched to Brad. I don't think Brad was worried about a competing soap picking him up.

That CANNOT happen. That can NEVER happen. :(

There's a huge difference between threatening to give up Y&R and actually doing it. Very few people actually will.

• Members

Worst ratings erosion -- true!

Never fully recovered -- not quite true! In the "Sudden Impact" era, MAB and crew did pretty much claw back to where they were pre-MAB/JG. That said, they didn't sustain it.

If you look at the current ratings, Y&R mostly is where it was last year...which means that they have pretty much held on to the low-ish place that MAB and JG brought them to.

I don't think these departures kill the ratings overnight. I just then they're like tiny pinholes in a huge air mattress...slow steady deflation. People who might otherwise have stuck around out of loyalty and habit...bit by bit...they drizzle away.

Archived