October 5-9, 2009

Toups

• Members

I don't watch Days and never have, but ...

SteveFrame, if it's predetermined that soaps are all extinct and nothing will change that, why is Days gaining viewers year-to-year? Why is NBC probably not going to cancel Days now, when a couple years ago that was the plan?

Both external factors of how other, non-soap shows are doing -- and internal-to-soaps, better-quality-of-writing-attracting-viewers type factors -- CAN combine to keep soaps going!

I'm not giving up.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Kudos to Days. I am glad to see that the show is getting some pay off for preliminary climax of the long winding baby switch story.

Wow, GH lost 125,000 viewers. Where do these people go? GH's demos held firm so ABC must be happy with the show these days.

Oy, OLTL. Nothing good can be said there. Same with ATWT.

• Members

Just dvr'd DOOL to tape it every day. Haven't watched it in a while - but, with GL gone, no other soap holding my interest, and its increased ratings - what have I got to lose?

I'm just sorry that I didn't tape it sooner. I think I must've missed a lot of good soap - but hey, better late than never!

• Members

Glad for Days. Glad ATWT at least wasn't last in Total Viewers and gained slightly in W 18-49.

LMAD ratings started a little bit above where TPIR repeats were the week before. Too high for my liking -- about the same as GL in households. :(

I am glad, though, at LMAD's W 18-49 number. By my calculation, 0.65 in W 18-49 is down about 19% compared to GL's 0.8 average in that key demo for the Sept 2008-Sept 2009 season.

• Members

NBC will not cancel Days with these kind of numbers. DAYS is just about the only show gaining ratings on NBC period! Dena and team have added about 2 years of life to Days with these numbers.

And to me, it's genious. Days, storytelling is so traditional right now. So simple And so slow. Classic. I find it hard to beleive the numbers keep rising. All soaps need to take a cue from Days. Days has once again proven it is the little train that could. Their going to make lots of money in Nov.

With so many new faces on Days, the ratings keep rising and rising. When I started watching again a few weeks ago, it was like a brand new show to me. It took like two weeks to figure out who all these new folks were. But Dena and team are doing a good job. Fans are loving what they see and this makes it a contender for no 2. I can't believe this is all coming from TOmlin Higley and Whitesell

• Members

Yes, must give credit to Tomlin, Higley, and Whitesell, surprising as it may be!

Tomlin or whowever was smart to bring in Richard Culliton and David Cherrill to the writing staff as script writers, both of whom Tomlin wrote with during the Emmy-nominated 1984-1985 period at Another World. It's an AW reunion on the writing team. Judging by the "Episode Writers and Directors" thread, they are writing half the scripts between just the two of them lately, and I'd like to think the ratings rise is not a coincidence. :)

• Members

Sorry Ann_SS (although sorry, I'm not really sorry), I think that's about as high as it's gonna get, at least in its current timeslot. Which may be enough for CBS but I don't see anyone going "Oh, let me spend an hour watching LMAD every day" if they haven't yet.

Archived