October 5-9, 2009

Toups

• Members

With the recent casting stunts by ABCD (Jackson's return and Franco's signing with GH/ KR & MC coming back to AMC) does anyone think it will have any impact on ratings and if so do you think it will impact the entire line up or just the individual shows? I ask only because with all of this talk of OLTL possibly being canceled, being in the Detroit area the shows play back to back here as I believe the do for most of the country, would it not be hurtful to both shows if they lost the bridge in between them?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am not surprised that GH has not been able to snag a substantial number of GL viewers. I have never believed that soap viewers migrate en masse from one soap to another. People watch out of habit and the time slot is an important part of that habit. They turn on the tv to watch their usual shows and leave it on that channel at 3:00 p.m. or whatever time GL used to be on. In my market, GH's competition is also LMAD. I saw on the game show board that LMAD is challenging GH in Norfolk, Virginia.

Archived