Y&R: Kahlil drops a bomb on buzzworthy radio

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Precisely!

Thankyou! :)

And BTW, there's a difference between humor and vulgarity for shock value.

Who the hell are you to decide what anyone's "purpose" is on the board? :rolleyes:

Well I apologize if my 'anagonistic opinions' offend your delicate sensibilities. And I don't need a lecture on ignorance from someone who is advocating racial stereotypes. If you want to talk about idiocy... please, let's not even go there.

Because of course I have nothing better to do than 'whine' about the personal attacks that I purposely inflict upon myself because I just 'relish' it so much. :rolleyes:

So I'm supposed to just sit back and accept being called "ignorant"? Sorry - not gonna happen.

Where to begin...

(A.) Very few of my posts have been about Tammin. As you know, I post about a multitude of things in both the Y&R and B&B threads, in addition to posting the monthly B&B episode counts. So don't act like Tammin is/was my sole purpose for posting at SON.

(B.) Liking a particular actor does not equal 'agenda'. If I am/was pushing an agenda, so are DeeeDee (Rowell), Dmarex (Bloom), Lmfan (Bregman/LeBlanc) and so on.

(C.) "Pimp all things bad about Y&R"? When was the last time you saw me praising the likes of Hayley Erin, Thom Bierdz, Amelia Heinle, Vail Bloom and Hogan Sheffer? THEY are the bad things about Y&R - not Tammin.

(D.) I have been watching Y&R since the 90s and have been posting on soap boards since 2005, so why would I stop just because Tammin is gone?

• Members

If a single line can cause an audible gasp, the above line was it for me... You're right and it's maddening that broader representations of cultural are viewed as 'comedic' but rarely viewed seriously. I'm not a Tyler Perry fan, but I appreciate the fact that his shows have a diverse view of the African-American community. Most soaps are just backwards on that issue. As for speech pattern, I think that stems back to the 'class' issue in daytime which is oddly the only TRUE equal opportunity issue. Daytime writers don't think 'poor' people of any race are capable of sustaining audience attention unless they're scheming to become rich, or become rich because they inherit wealth. I think writers equate speech pattern with income. You can't have an accent (i.e Southern/NE'er/otherwise)whether you use Standard or 'nonstandard' English - unless it's a foreign accent and even that can't be 'too heavy'.

• Members

Are you kidding me? Please, I implore you to quote any one of my posts in this thread that is advocating racial stereotypes. I dare ya. As for idiocy, please, GO THERE! I double dog dare ya. Oh and I wouldn't give you that project without at least reminding you a few of those ridiculous, idiotic, ignorant(!) things you've said in this thread. Please note that you don't go in depth with anything you do say here.

Oh, and while you're at it, find me a post where anyone had the audacity to say that Khalil "isn't in touch with her black side" simply because she has issues with Rowell.................wait, that's right, it never happened. :mellow:

Pretty much.

I don't necessarily disagree about Sheffer, but 4 actors who collectively appear around 5 times a month aren't the big problems with Y&R.

Anyway, I'm done feeding your sado-masochistic need for disapproval. Hopefully this thread can back on track now....

• Members

This thread hasn't been on track for about 5 or 6 pages.

What is with the rudeness towards posters who have a dissenting opinon?

Wow, I have no word. y&R fan has as much right to post here as anyone. I don't get what concern it is of yours? I know speaking for myself I'm tired of the bullying that goes on towards certain posters on this board, alphanguy, and y&r fan both got bullied in this thread by a select few.

Personally I hope this thread gets closed, cause it's not even about the original topic anymore

• Members
And what concern is my treatment of y&r_fan and alphanguy to you?! The discussion has not veered off-topic. Alphanguy and others asked questions and some of us decided to give rational, valid opinions and you're damn right some of us are literally "CAPS"-ing our replies. And that is because, despite some people's best efforts to relay what "her black side" and "racism" means in terms of this situation, y&r_fan and alphanguy continued recapping the same damn argument or bringing up stuff that had absolutely NOTHING to do with the initial questions posed. And the SAME thing you accuse me and others of doing in this thread are the EXACT same things y&r_fan and alphanguy have done to other people in return, despite initially attempting to be civil.

But of course, I expect you of all people to come rolling into this thread. I guess you'll need a new cause to desperately latch onto when Toasty and Lish get the f**k out of Pine Valley.

• Members

There's a difference between expansion and repetition.

I'm not saying people on this board don't have the right to their opinions. But when someone asks a question and they get the answer and then they continue to spin said answer into what he/she wants to hear so they can continue to rile up a fanbase, well that sh*t really pisses me off. Throughout this entire thread, you(and y&r_fan and now ZenDULLfan) have been picking and choosing what you want to hear and what you want to see instead of reading the long and quite frankly objective posts about entertainment and race relations.

I usually rarely, if ever, partake in these threads on race. I usually just kind of let everyone else have their opinions and kind of keep mine to myself. But I felt like something HAD to be said, to get you(and anyone else majorly confused about this) to understand that this is not only about Christel's light skin. Again, I encourage you to read what people have posted in this thread(before things got out of hand with comments from SOME people). It's so thoughtful and insightful and I think it does a good job, at least in my opinion, illustrating what a lot of people think.

Yes, you have a black friend. I'm glad you do. But one person does not represent an entire race of people. Just like I don't think "I" can represent black people as a whole. I don't think any one person can. It's a collective whole group of people who hurt and bleed and laugh and smile and at the same time, also have a very complex and interesting history with this country. Black people aren't always banding together and agreeing with everything. But it would help to at least be aware that everyone, even within the black community, has differing opinions and to understand why.

• Members

Well, that sound perfectly reasonable. And I want to clarify... when I was leveling criticizm at some people for their attitudes toward light skinned blacks, it certainly wasn't meant as an across the board condemnation of the entire black community (Or even toward posters in this thread). It was meant as a criticizm for those who are guilty of it... and nobody else. I totally know that all black people aren't the same as my friend, or as Christel. My my point was to get people to think and consider what kind of consequences not sticking together can have on a minority group. Look how the gay community made huge strides in short time when they banded together to fight a common enemy, AIDS. That was the thrust of my point, and my discussing things at great length comes not from me trying to piss people off, but form my love of DEBATE. I think I'm a frustrated politicain or lawyer at heart, I just love to debate. Just try not to take it personally when I go over the top to drive a point home. Gay men can be prone to Histrionics, you know.

• Members

Umm... the fact that you launched into a malicious, unprovoked tirade when I put forward the idea that maybe skin color doesn't dictate personality?

Okay. You are an idiot. Period. There's no way around it. It's the only way to describe someone who feels so threatened by opinions that conflict with their own that they throw a world-class tantrum, making a complete ass of themself in the process.

How was what I said ignorant?

And in a single sentence you have clearly demonstrated that you know NOTHING about me or my posts.

THANKYOU.

I'm not going to argue with you. I would feel guilty. You're obviously at a disadvantage... you know, mentally.

Archived