Proposed Soaps Over The Years

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Oh LIAMST worked. VERY well. It's the recasts and changes in writers that ended up killing the show off. They made it to #5 in '69-70 I believe...

Would've loved to have an original Rita Lakin show on the air. Everything I've heard about her sounds like she'd have been a great asset to daytime if she'd stuck around after leaving The Doctors. Anyone know what she's done since then?

• Members

You know, I never realized she helped create Flamingo Road, or that she'd been involved with Dynasty. I'm glad she's had a good, long career. It's a shame talented folks like her aren't involved in daytime anymore. They certainly are needed.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Thanks.

That wasn't too bad, although the dialogue between the younger sister and the boyfriend creeped me out and he seemed like a creep period. I think that part was a little bit much for 1954 TV, and the melancholy of the bedridden father may have been as well.

Was that a story in the comics?

• Members

I was looking through the comics. The story starts with Juliet engaged to a school teacher in April 1953, then she is involved with and engaged to Dan Mason (a banker's son's) by June 1953, and to a doctor (not named Rex Palmer) in October. I'm not sure how long the romance with the doctor went on, but it seems that this would be the basis of the television version.

I was rather impressed with the technical aspects of the pilot, but I don't think they could have kept it up. I wonder if they filmed more than just a pilot. I didn't see the other Palmers listed in the cast list in the episode.

• 1 month later...

Archived