Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

:lol:

Her, John F. Smith, Kay Alden, Sally Sussman Morina, Thom Racina to name a few.

I've always heard that she was fired from the role of Morgan. Something supposedly along the lines of them wanting to age her for more adult stories. In other words, the actress looks too "young." Could be something else but that's what I've always heard.

• Members

Scott Hoxby guest-starring in an episode of Acapulco H.E.A.T. from around 1993. It's a Manchurian Candidate style plot.

He had the rug, but it wasn't as ridiculous as the one he had on GL a little later on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK2dQHU3Mro

I'm not sure why this isn't embedding properly.

Edited by katie_9918

• Members

I'm fairly certain that soap mags at the time hinted to her allegedly being fired.

Another poster who claimed to know Geraldine Court personally stated that Geraldine was concerned with Kristen's lack of professionalism or something like that. And I think the same problem followed her to OLTL.

I really like her and her music, but I wouldn't say that she's really had any success as a performer since she voiced Ileana Douglas' singing in GRACE OF MY HEART.

• Members

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jda4mQTkliY&list=UU1SN29flGTjicPnAzxJM28A

The start of the setup for Mart's exit as Ed. Anna Stuart's first day as Vanessa. Beyond that the most memorable part is Diane's meltdown over Alan...which will just get worse and worse in her last few weeks on the planet.

The Kelly/Morgan/Kelly's father scenes are good too.

I'm so confused with Quint's backstory. Later on they acted like Mrs. Renfield had been his mother most of his life, didn't they?

• Members

I read that [a looong time ago in some soap magazine]. I liked her on OLTL better than her replacement there Julianne Johnson I think her name was. I've only seen a little of her as Morgan from youtube, I started watching GL around 83, so I missed her back then. I remember Jennifer Cooke from V:the Series, and she didn't make much of an impression on me, either.